• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jamie Edwards

• joerogers1970

• Jack Stevens

• Jeff140

• 2 weeks later...

Well if its not to late, better late then never i do have all summer to work on sequences but if you would also send me your audio i would greatly appreciate it, it gives me a place to start and makes it a lot easier, Thanks for all your hard work

kb0cow@aol.com :cool:

• 7 months later...

Hey eveyone, hope Christmas was a good one. We are starting to prepare for this year and as you can tell i was having computer issues last year well after January my computer crashed and i lost all my work :(. So i do apologize for not sending out any audio files but at least i dont mind starting from scratch. Hope to share more later on.

Happy posting :)

Jamie,

I just moved up to 32 channels this year and so I downloaded the .zip file. If you get the audio files can you email them to me? I will PM you with the email address.

Lee

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,
would you mind sending me the audio tracks? I am new to this thing and just ordered 32 channels, so this would be the perfect learning experience for me. Thanks in advance for your help! You can send them to cliff@tvcomp.com

cliff

vipzach wrote:

Maybe it is against the rules< but it would be easiest if somebody with the audio files would just zip them and post it! :cool:

I am in the position of having to do DMCA enforcement for my employer. I have no authority here on these forums, nor do I want that authority. However, knowing the DMCA laws (copyright laws) unless the artist AND their label give permission to share the audio files, while yes, it would be easiest, it's also illegal to "zip them and post it"

Of course, if you've purchased said audio files on CD or a legal download place such as iTunes, it's just another backup copy then. The RIAA/MPAA may not like that, and they don't, but I believe the Supreme Court has upheld that you don't need to purchase each copy of a song you use.

I really don't want them (RIAA/MPAA/ESA/others) to come after us an try to "make an example" out of one or more of us. Personally, I believe that a light show enhances an artist's audience, but the "old men" at the RIAA don't agree with that. I see it as personal use, they probably see it as a public show they should be getting a royalty on.

• 3 weeks later...

I need to chime in here. As a songwriter, recording engineer and music producer, I earn a living by people buying my music.

It is beyond me how people spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on lights, controllers, extension cords and power but refuse to spend a friggin dollar to legally purchase a piece of music.

We're talking about what, 5 pieces of readily available music. The guy who wrote the sequences told you the artist and song title and still, it's nothing but please send me the audio files. It's for personal use so it should be free.

I don't show up at your business saying that I should have something for free becuase it's for personal use. Why don't you ask for the LOR hardware and software for free being that it's for personal use only? What, it doesn't work that way? Maybe I should go to my local car dealership and ask for a car for nothing. Not even for cost. It's for personal use only.

Buy the friggin copyrighted songs people. In 25 years they'll be public domain and you can probably get them for nothing.