Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing

SnappyTom

Hi all,

While sequencing a new song, I can review a portion of the song I am working on and it will be on beat. I review the same view and the beat will be off. So I am moving the sequene back and forth. What a pain.

Any ideas?? Thank

Due to issues with Windows Media Player correctly positioning in a .mp3 file, it is generally recommended that you build your sequences against a .wav file.. If you do need to work against a .mp3, make certain it is a constant bit rate recording...

- Kevin

Humm I downloaded it off the net as an LMS file. Is this not going to work? I have only been working on it the last four days:(

Tom

So you are modifying a sequence file that you downloaded? What media file does it point to? If it is a downloaded .mp3, I would suggest using something like audacity to make a .wav version of the file to sequence against...

Nope I downloaded the song and started a new sequence. When I look at the property of the song it says lms and I am not sure what you mean by "what media does it point to."

Generally LMS is "Lor Musical Sequence", which is your sequence file, not any audio. If you have your sequence open, and go to edit/media file, it should show you the name and location of the audio file associated with the sequence.. If you use audacity, or some other tool to make a .wav version of the .mp3, you can use the edit/media file to point the sequence to the .wav version of the file...

At least the first screenful that is in sync should be OK.. You may be able to copy and paste your timing marks with offsets to get them back in line, and copy your events over, but that may be more effort than it is worth..

Not sure why you are not able to slow it down.. I don't do that very often, but I think I always get half speed without any issues.. Not sure if it is half or quarter that requires allowing it to do a format conversion...

Ok......I still cant slow the audio down after converting it to .wav I like to slow it down to make sure the timing it right. It makes it easier for me.