Light-O-Rama Forums

2 channels acting hte same???

jfelix

I am not sure why, but on my #8 contoller channels 3 and 9 are acting as the same channel. When channel 3 is supposed to light channels 3 and 9 will light and vise versa. I rechecked the channel config to make certain I did not assign to different channels the same number. Alll are assigned the correct channels. Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it?

bob wrote:

Does it also happen if you control them through the Hardware Utility, rather than the Sequence Editor or Show Player?

Yes. I turned on the channels with the hardware utility, tried swaping the colors because I thought they were just connected to the wrong channels. But when I swapped them, both colors still lit.

Sounds like a hardware problem to me. I don't know much about the hardware, but is it possible that something went wrong with hooking the cords up? Wires that are touching, or something?

That is what I was thinking. Although channel 3 and 9 have a little distance betweem them. I guess I will need to live with it till after Christmas.