Light-O-Rama Forums

Background controllers problem`

edough01

I have my first 2 controllers set to 32 channel music I wrote a second program for hte other 2 controllers but they only run for 10 seconds then go off for a minute or 2 then come on for 10 seconds again. I played the sequence on the program and it loops I dont know how to get the background to stay on for hte entire show. even thought it is only 1 minute long with a loop it should just keep doing the same thing over and over again I thought. ANy help accepted Thanks and HH

So you’ve created a separate sequence for your background channels and loaded it into the background tab of your show?

Have you made sure that the unit / circuit settings that are used in the background sequence are not in your musical sequences? Even if you never turn them on in the musical sequences they should be listed there.

Edward,

I sent everything I had to Bob at LOR and he didn't find any mistakes in my sequences or show files. I created 2 separate animation sequences and put them both in the background of the show. 1 is for 2 minutes and the other is 3 minutes. This way if a light goes off, it isn't both. I haven't noticed them going off yet, but I haven't watched them closely last night either.

Bret

Well everything looked like it was working good until 1 hour and 46 minutes after the show started, my 2 background sequences, 1 at 2 minutes, and 1 at 3 minutes both turned off at the same time. Both sequences have timing at .05 thru out the whole time. This time it took 1 minute before they came back on. This is frustrating!!

Bret LeFevre wrote:

I sent everything I had to Bob at LOR and he didn't find any mistakes in my sequences or show files.

Dan had recommended a bandage fix for someone else who had problems keeping channels on. Since Bob couldn’t find anything wrong with your sequences you might want to try it.

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=17215&forum_id=72&jump_to=158854#p158854

I would not recommend this type of fix unless other possible issues have been thoroughly ruled out. These symptoms are often an indicator of sequence issues.