Light-O-Rama Forums

Pictures of our 2008 Display.

JeffF

We are up in the north east and got hit with that big ice/snow storm. Locally we started out with ice, then went to wet snow, then an icy rain, then a little more wet snow, and finally a bit more ice.

The display is still all up and since it's ice, none of the GFCIs are tripping. ;)

Here are a bunch of photos, I went a little nuts because it looks so neat.
dscf1335.jpg
http://www.mainelights.org/Christmas2008IceStorm/

-Jeff

The display is awesome. Being from up north, I remember many, many times when the ice-snow-ice-snow monster visited and looking at those storm pics sure brought back memories.

Thanks guys. And I can't wait for next year Robin. This year was loads of building and logistics and then just modifying Richard's 2007 sequences. Next year we have already picked out some songs that will be *ours*. :D

Here is the first video of the year for us. Unfortunately our Gold lights really aren't showing up very well... they are just looking like a dimmer white. And we also couldn't get our 3,600 light 12' tree to the right of the display in frame... even using the wide screen lens.

-Jeff

You can say that again, when there is snow on the ground and everything lights up gold, it's beautiful. I'm going to try and mess around with the camera settings but I have a feeling if I can get gold to look good, red will probably look bad. ;)

-Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

Since this was the last day the display will be in the yard this season... I decided to walk around and take a few pictures this afternoon...

http://www.mainelights.org/ChristmasLightsDaytime

I'm going to try and get some more video of the newer sequences now. Then at 10pm I'll be bringing all the controllers in and stacking up the mini-trees for tomorrows tear down.

-Jeff

Wow, Clean fresh snow, how quaint. I have a Son that just couldn't wait to play in the snow so all of our snow is not so nice and smooth.

Your display looks great. You did an excellent job. Thanks for sharing.

Evan

• The topic was locked