Light-O-Rama Forums

I lost my lines

gerald sundberg

While finishing a song I was moving the vertical lines to create the duration I wanted and now they've all disappeared. I know there is place where you can change the 1/10 sec to what ever you want , but I can't find.

If you can't resurect the timing lines; you can change the extension of the backup file from bak to lms. Of course you'll lose any changes you'made since the last save as LOR only keeps the last two versions..I've gone to naming mine SongVer3.lms, etc and nubering up to when I am completely happy with the sequence for this reason.

gerald sundberg wrote:

While finishing a song I was moving the vertical lines to create the duration I wanted and now they've all disappeared. I know there is place where you can change the 1/10 sec to what ever you want , but I can't find.

If your talking about the time with the seconds timing, then look under VIEW and click on TIME SCALE.

It will restore the time scale

I was not changing it after I was done, it was during the sequencing. I was draging the vertical lines to make 2/10 of a second spaces and then they all disappeared to my right.

Actually I am asking if anybody can change the time scale one a sequence is made.

I'm not exactly sure if I know what you're asking, but if you're asking either of the two things that I think you might be asking, then the answer is yes.

If you're really asking about the time scale - i.e. the yellow bar with times and tick marks at the top of a sequence, you can just zoom in and out on time (for example, Alt-Left and Alt-Right; there are other ways too).

On the other hand, if you're asking about timings - i.e. the thin black vertical lines that go through an entire track, yes, you can add timings at any point, not just when you first create a sequence. There is a wide variety of possible ways to do so. Please check out the following page in the help file for details: "Light-O-Rama Concepts" / "Sequences" / "Timings".

That is what I was looking for. I can't believe I searched every menu and the forum for about 2 hours trying to find the buttons right on the toolbar. LOL. I knew it was easy.

Thank you,

Ok, maybe I am wrong. The buttons on the toolbar will stretch or compress the time scale but how do you change the actual value of the time scale from 0.1 intervals to something else?

The values displayed on the yellow time scale itself change as the time scale is expanded or contracted. Not necessarily with every click, but just try expanding it way out and contracting it way back, and you'll see what I mean.

There is no way to explicitly say values that you want; expanding and contracting is the only control over that.

Again, though, are you definitely talking about the yellow time scale itself? Or are you perhaps talking about the timing lines that run through all of the channels in a track?

Bob I'm talking about the lines that run through the channels. I was opening an old sequence that I hadn't finished and didn't go to new to set the timings that I wanted and couldn't remember how to find it. It happens when your getting old! Thanks Jerry

OK, there are lots of different ways to add, remove, or move the lines that run through the channels ("timings"). For details, please check out the following page in the help file:

"Light-O-Rama Concepts" / "Sequences" / "Timings"

Also, I don't know, but I'm guessing that maybe you have your default preferences set up to create timings in a certain way whenever you create a new sequence (for example, maybe whenever you create a sequence, you get 0.10 second timings).

If so, and you want to change those defaults, open the Sequence Editor and select "Edit" / "Preferences" / "New Musical Sequence Preferences", and also "Edit" / "Preferences" / "New Animation Preferences".

I think one missing function that would be helpful under the 'timings' menu is "Add timings every x.x" seconds". And have it operate on both the full sequence and a selected range, selectivly...

-Tim