Light-O-Rama Forums

Can channels be moved around

Bryan K

Hello everyone,

I haven't tried this yet, but I have a few sequences that I downloaded off that LORSequence site, and I was thinking of using one or two in my display this year, but of course those sequences are written for their author's set up's which of course if different then mine, so I was wondering if it would be possible to move channels around in S2 so that the sequence "fits" my display configuration.... For example can I move an entire channel, let's say channel 1 and it's contents to channels 6 and channel 6 maybe to channel 3 and so on.... Is this a simple cut and paste to a new channel operation??? or do I simply just change the channel name??? Like I said I haven't tried this yet, not even sure it can be done, but I may experiment tonight.

Thanks

There are several ways to do this.

1) Copy/Paste the timings from the downloaded sequence into a sequence that you set up for your display.

2) Change the channel configuration information of the downloaded sequence to match your display. (That is to say, change the controller/channel number to match your display.)

Another option would be to move the channels around so that they match (in row location) with a pre-existing sequence.

Then export the configuration from your pre-existing sequence and import it to the new configuration. This will change all the channel settings (name, color, controller assigment, etc.)