Light-O-Rama Forums

Who is running video in their show with S2??

Paul Roberson

WayneKremer wrote:

It's a small window that LOR must be running that say's 'Light-O-Rama Video', then it quickly disappears and the full screen video begins. I would say that the dialog box lasts for about 1/2 second to 1 second. It is quick, but a little annoying.

I am probably asking a dumb question, but just to find out. In your video preferences. You have "Display Videos" and "Use Full Screen" selected only right?

It doesn't do it with mine and I haven't seen it ever happen with any testing.

EDIT: Wait, I see what you are talking about now. I use the XP Silver theme so it doesn't show up that quick but it just flashes real fast. You must be seeing this when you preview it from the sequence editor right? Does it do it or have you tried it when the show is scheduled?

See my edit above. It happens so fast you can not click anything but what it is doing is when in the sequence editor it is going from the small box like when you don't use full screen to full screen. You have to have "Display Videos" selected in order for videos to show. So when you first play it, it goes from that small window to full screen instead of just going to full screen right off the bat. It happens really quick though.

Is this happening when the show is running in the scheduler?

Guess that is why I only saw it when testing. I am not running LOR video @ full screen. LORs video stays in a small window on my monitor.

Hmm, Guess maybe the only way not to see it is to change the color of the border, and make it less visible. huh?

Until we hear from Wayne to see if it happens during the show or just in the sequence editor. You might not have to do anything, because if it just happens in the sequence editor when you are previewing the show it might not be a big deal. But if it is happening within the scheduled show that could be annoying which it shouldn't do that. I am doing some testing now to see if it happens within a scheduled show until we hear back from Wayne. I mean it happens so fast and goes away like he said you can miss it if you are not looking for it, but it can be annoying. Since I am using the Silver Theme with XP I didn't notice it except for when I was looking for it.

Yes, it occurs during a scheduled show....not running from the sequence editor. I guess I could change the theme to the Silver and it won't be so bad.

Well you could change your theme to silver. I know I didn't notice it until you said something and I had to look for it.

Also how much video are you running? Does it run for an entire song, just one song etc?

What I did and I don't know if this will help because I don't have my showing running and probably won't this year, but it might help. I have video running constantly. The entire sequence has a video associated with it, and when there is a break between the show I just run a animation video loop with my display name and station for my background sequence between shows. Each sequence will start and end with that same standby loop so everything is seamless. You could trying something like that so the video stays constant and it is not going in and out of video mode. Does that make sense?

Texan78, I have 9 musical sequences that are all synced with video. I also have about 8 voiceovers that include video as well. Making them into one giant sequence would be too much for me. I would rather see the little window. ;)

For now, I'll just change to the Silver theme and be set for 2008. I would really like to see how everyone else's video display worked out this year. I'll be sure to share mine when I settle down enough to video and take pictures. :)

Mine are like yours, they are separate sequences with video and you are right it would be huge file to mix them all together. My logic was if you were running video constant whether it be a sequence or background sequence with a voice over it might keep LOR from going in and out of video mode and keeping the screen full. Mine are not one big file, they are separate individual files that I hope I could schedule it so it looks seamless. So I guess that means after each sequence is over that is running video the full screen closes and when a new sequence with video starts it opens back up again in full screen instead of just staying open. Is that correct?

So that means you are running constant video like I plan to do and it still happens. That is good to know. Maybe this could be fixed that if you are displaying video in full screen mode it will stay that way regardless if a video is playing or a video is over. Maybe that will keep it from happening. I can see how that can be annoying. So much for my idea of having seamless video...;)

• Like 1

Wayn,

What type of video card do you have?

I have a nvidia 6200 that has a "show video full screen" on which ever monitor/projector you choose.

The LOR video window operates in a small window on my monitor. While the video card shows it full screen on my projector. With the videos starting and ending with what is set to the desktop background there is only a small flicker between changes.

However this small flicker could be as anoying also to some.

The LOR video box must be available either on your screen or the projected screen. If you minimize it you also miimize the LOR video so all you see in during the show is your desktop background.

One fix I did find was In the Show Editor. put the pause inbetween sequences at something like 10 or 20 seconds.

Run a Show from the Scheduler, and during the show you will notice the LOR video box during the entire pause. This gives you time to shrink it as small as possiable and place it in a corner where it will not be a noticeable, expecially if you have a background on your computer that is display related (mine has a Christmas Greetings from Colorado Christmas)

After you have got the LOR video box how you like it. Disable the show, go back to Show Editor and change the pause back to where you want it "0" was default.

Now your good to go. without the black box display inbetween sequences durin the show.

**edit** if you shut down your computer you loose this and have to redo it. But as long as your computer stays running and the LOR control pannel is loaded it will remember the box size and location.

Paul, I have the 6200 as well. I do run in the 'show video full screen' mode. The small window pops up as it is loading the next sequence, then it goes away. Just kinda annoying....

Texan78 wrote:

Are you running your projector off a second card or a card that supports dual monitors?

Not sure if this if for me or Wayn. But. The 6200 supports duel monitors, plus it has a setting that can 'display video full screen' on your projector no matter what size it is on your primary monitor. This also lessens the load on your processor as the video card is the one carring the load.

My computer is actually too slow for it to do the full screen display and run the show. It does fine running the small screen with the video card running the full screen.

WayneKremer wrote:

Paul, I have the 6200 as well. I do run in the 'show video full screen' mode. The small window pops up as it is loading the next sequence, then it goes away. Just kinda annoying....

If you have your sound card set to "show video full screen" then what you need to do is in LOR uncheck 'full screen' under video. Also in 'video preferences' when you select monitors, click on your main computer monitor. This should make LOR video show only in a small window on your main monitor. Your video card will take care of the full screen on your projector.

Well I was asking Wayne but you pretty much suggested to him what I was getting at ;)

If you are running a card that supports dual monitors you can assign the other port to your projector by clicking on select monitor under the Video Preferences. Then when you click Display Videos and then View in Full screen it will send the video to your projector in full screen without effecting your main monitor. This will keep LOR from showing your desktop and displaying video only. This is how I have mine set up, but maybe it works differently from video card to video card. To my projector I run S-Video to CAT5 then back to S-Video. Cheaper and eaiser to get longer runs out of CAT5 then an actual S-Video cable.

I too use separate videos with fill videos between the music videos. I don't get any flicker between elements, but all my videos fade in and fade out. So they all start and end with black video. I have 8 songs and an intro to each song as fill. During the fill we mention our charity and describe some of our feature pieces a little bit of history and thank our neighbors. I use the S-video out on the nVidia card to feed 2 projectors in the yard and a monitor iinside. I like using the video output option of the nVidia card over the S2 feature. It just seems a little smoother to me.

Marshall

• 4 years later...

Yes, this thread is super old, but after all these years, I have new developments on this problem that the guys at LOR may be able to look at to fix. The small window that pops up in between video sequences is annoying as it shows out on the screen...and when everyone sees it, they ask, what is that? Over the years, I've been told by the LOR developers that they can't see a way of getting rid of it and it is something that Windows is doing.

Well, here is something I noticed that may allow the LOR developers to fix this problem! When a video sequence has finished...and another video sequence is loading is when you see the small window appear. IF a non-video sequence has finished and it goes to load a video sequence, the problem does not present itself. Additionally at the beginning of the show for the night, the first sequence is video and it does not show the small window. The small window only appears in-between video sequences. So maybe your algorithm on closing out the video should echo the same and hopefully this problem will go away forever! Thoughts?