Light-O-Rama Forums

Who has the most lights?

dotyb

thebaronn wrote:

Im very sad after reading this thread now. I am stuck renting (now I will never be able to buy a house, grrrr) and the house is old as dirt!!! I have only 2 twenty amp breakers that power all the outlets in the house, that is right a whole 2 20amp breakers!!! It gets better, NO OUTSIDE OUTLETS!!! And the house is only 1100sq ft so I am severly limited. Electrician says he could hook it up for 10K....LOL!!! I'm sick but not sick enough to improve someones elses house.......yet.

So we have 13000 lights

But 323 channels.

??? how come so many channels with so little power

jeff

have some blowmolds with a single C7 bulb in there.
Now that's a waste!! I have one controller with 14 C7 bulbs and one 100W bulb!!! But can't have Santa and his reindeer all light up at the same time!!
Especially when the song is only about Rudolph!

I'm crossing my fingers I can get a home loan soon!!!
At least before Halloween!!!

Richard Hamilton wrote:

Guys, my brother in Tennessee has us all beat. See photo.

That is to cool, would sure like to see it lit up. I may have to sell all my equipment and try that next year. I know it looks like alot of effort, but I'm up to it.

Well I did kinda keep track of things this year just to see where I was at. Last year was my first year with LOR and I just bought and bought and put up. This year I was curious where I was at and I came in at 22,777 bulbs. The bulbs didn't surprise me to much, but the extension cord list did, 3841 foot of cords.

Wayne

I stopped measuring my copper in feet, now its in miles

160' away from 6 miles - last year

With improvements, closer to 3 this year

OMG!!!!!:shock: How do you keep track of everything? How long does it take you to program a song? I'm in awe!!!!!!!!!

program a song?

I knew i was forgetting to do something:P

Ask charles how to keep track of 3500 channels - I have a meager 1872 channels(48 more if i wasnt so lazy and finish my arches)

3500 hundred channel??????? 1800??????

OMG!!! Seriously??

Is there a lot of cut a pasting going on??

Guess i'm just not that creative. I have a lot of "mirror" channels (ran out of ideas).

I would really love to open up and look at one of your sequences?

Will my computer explode?

Eric

Dr. Jones wrote:

program a song?

I knew i was forgetting to do something:P

Ask charles how to keep track of 3500 channels - I have a meager 1872 channels(48 more if i wasnt so lazy and finish my arches)

How do you power that? Do have a separate generator? That's 117 controllers? Where do you put them? :shock: I'm in awe!!!

I'll bet some are DMX or FireFly. There are some funky number/channels when you get into that realm. At any rate, it's crazy to think of programming that! ;)

-Jeff

Come on, everyone knows that each C9 bulbs equals at least 50 minis ... so how do you really compare?

If someone can just come up with a non-technology LED spray-on that lasts a month and works with embedded wireless nanotechnology, then we can all just spray the entire house and claim multi-million bulb counts and only a day to put them up ... then they blow away when done and are somehow biodegradable and consumed by hungry migrating birds.

Sounds like a Michael Criton Novel. "In the near future technology may go to the unimaginable realm of crossing genetics, science, and Christmas. This is a novel when hell is unleashed onto the world as man cracks open the Christmas light genome to reveal mans deepest and darkest secret....we are all little kids inside!"

:)

Mikey

I sometimes wish I kept count of bulbs, but then again, maybe I don't want to know. I've tried to figure by reading amp load. At least 200,000, mostly mini's.

A little over 500 channels, including a few DMX for the moving yokes and laser.

Last year at full load we hit 440 amps, this year over 600 amps. (The fog machines pull 60amps, but only during heating)

Obviously, I don't use 'full on' very much...

I had writers block at the first of the season..Too many channels it seemed..

But I've also reached that point where I have several effects, like a yard 'wave', that I copy and paste in different sequeunces. I also started going through a song first and pick out repetitive parts of the music and pick an effect - then copy it to the rest of the sequence. Then go back and keep doing that. Then I start putting in fill - keeping the show moving with some fill like the house floods - darkness is my enemy!

• The topic was locked