Light-O-Rama Forums

Who has the most lights?

dotyb

1 bulb run by a pet hamster on a treadmill. And man, he is running fast just to keep it lit.

The wife just asked me how many lights I had to have to be satisfied. So I was just wondering how many everybody actual ran.

I told her I would let her know as soon as I reached satisfaction.:)

54,606 that I am able to count. That doesn't count lights on wireframes and specialty lights that have strands of like 30-40 lights on stars, wreaths, etc. and not counting DMX fixtures and projector, snow/fog etc.

42720 lights, not including the LEDs in my DMX multi color floods.

D.T.

PS... Only fools are satisfied - Billy Joel in "Vienna"

I'm amazed how people can keep track of lights and extension cords. I now have ~40,000 lights. It could be 38,000 or it could be 42,000... I'm really not sure.

I do plan ahead but I noticed I add lights where I feel I need them(this past weekend my son and I added 24 100ct strands to our 12' tree). All I do to make sure I'm not overloading anything is take current readings on each channel and per each controller. Other than that, I guess I don't really "count". :D

-Jeff

So is it safe to say once you hit 40K you just stop counting and just estimate from then on?

To tell ya the truth with just over 11K I really got tired of keeping track and thats not a lot of lights standing with this group. Plus it seems like to me once everybody passes 40K it really does not matter anymore.

Don't worry more stupid question/statements to come...

On that note, is anyone else really happy that a 16 channel controller only costs $99? I ended up adding another one late in the game just to get our snowflake wall going. Compared to blowups or those "cheapo" light controllers at Lowes(or even LEDs...), that $99 is an awesome way to spend your money. Very big *BANG* for your buck there. B)

-Jeff

• Like 1

Im very sad after reading this thread now. I am stuck renting (now I will never be able to buy a house, grrrr) and the house is old as dirt!!! I have only 2 twenty amp breakers that power all the outlets in the house, that is right a whole 2 20amp breakers!!! It gets better, NO OUTSIDE OUTLETS!!! And the house is only 1100sq ft so I am severly limited. Electrician says he could hook it up for 10K....LOL!!! I'm sick but not sick enough to improve someones elses house.......yet.

So we have 13000 lights

But 323 channels.

Compact and stimulating! Like a dance club!! Beware, may induce seizures.

Guys, my brother in Tennessee has us all beat. See photo.

Attached files 165139=9515-lights.jpg