Light-O-Rama Forums

Help with EDM transmitter

Bowshock

First off I just want to say the LCD EDM transmitter is GREAT! Build was easy and it worked the first time.

The problem I have is with reception on an old boom box. The transmitter is in my garage (about 100' from the radio) and the reception/volume is very low. In my car however, I get great reception all the way down the block (3-4 houses).

Is there an adjustment I can make to improve the reception on the boom box? Would a new antenna help (I'm using the wire one that came with the kit), if so what do you recommend?

I hope everyone's display is going great this year!!

Thanks!

Hi Bowshock,

Does the boombox receive other radio stations OK? Also, have you tried different frequencies to see if they sound any better on the boombox? If this is an analog type tuner where you spin the knob, have you moved furher up and down the band to make sure that you're on the right freq?

When you turn the volume up and down on the boombox do you hear anything resembling static? Sometimes, dirt gets into those pots and it just takes a shot of contact cleaner and turning the knob up and down a few times.

Just a few things that you can check that are all pretty quick and easy to fix.

Steve