• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thebaronn

• oohyahla

• lightzilla

• scottsgrfx

As you can tell, I LOVE zip ties, I have a zip tie that could tow a car!!! (not really)

I know that because I used only 9 channels and such a big arch that it would only look good if it was a fast leap (slow looks bad, it would be okay with more channels) or completely on.

And my 2 cents on arches. I like arches with the following multiples of 5 and 9 segments! I break all my songs into beats (i do not use .1 sec or any of that noise) so if im doing a chase the ends of the arch correspond to the down beat. I usually break it into sixteenth notes but i go down to 32nd notes for parts of the song when the arch was going. I made the mistake of breaking the whole song into 32nd notes and S2 and my computer had a stroke! So now I only break the part of the song when the arch is going into 32nd notes.

and can you upload more than one picture at a time???

Here is some video of the maga arch in action:

So here it is, my videos with 4 firefly units, and one barely seen firefly acrylic rod tree. Make sure you check out the "real" rudolph song, I did that "pop up" video thing when a firefly unit went crazy!

True Believer:

Colors! (the real one):

I Like to Move It (from Madagascar):

He's A Pirate (from POTC: Dead Man's Chest):

Carol of the Bells (Techno):

Rudolph Mix (rickroll):

The Torchwood Theme:

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Mix:

I also have Christmas Eve Sarajevo, Wizards in Winter and A Mad Russian's Christmas, and Linus and Lucy without sound, but they are not that exciting for some reason.

Those videos are great man! I love the DJ Pirate one once the arches get going. Truly awesome! Because of the size of the arch and the channels used it really zips!!!!

Good Job!
-Evan

thebaronn wrote:

So here it is, my videos with 4 firefly units, and one barely seen firefly acrylic rod tree. Make sure you check out the "real" rudolph song, I did that "pop up" video thing when a firefly unit went crazy!

True Believer:

Colors! (the real one):

Rudolph Mix (rickroll):

The Torchwood Theme:

I also have Christmas Eve Sarajevo, Wizards in Winter and A Mad Russian's Christmas, and Linus and Lucy without sound, but they are not that exciting for some reason.

What group does that version of carol of bells (techno)

Thanks

scottsgrfx wrote:

thebaronn wrote:

True Believer:

Colors! (the real one):

Rudolph Mix (rickroll):

The Torchwood Theme:

Thanks

I have no clue (that was a product of my evil days of napster)

I can email it to you if you like.

I like how i spelled mega-"maga"

college really paid off there.

thebaronn wrote:

scottsgrfx wrote:
thebaronn wrote:

True Believer:

Colors! (the real one):

Rudolph Mix (rickroll):

The Torchwood Theme:

Thanks

I have no clue (that was a product of my evil days of napster)

I can email it to you if you like.

I like how i spelled mega-"maga"

college really paid off there.

gee, thanks

scottsgrfx@yahoo.com

"gee, thanks"

Hmmmm, sounds like a response I give me wife when she hands me the garbage to take out..............I will email it anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Great job Baron, this is what John wants in Langley, BC.....well 5 30ft arches. I guess I will direct him to this thread.

lightzilla wrote:

Great job Baron, this is what John wants in Langley, BC.....well 5 30ft arches. I guess I will direct him to this thread.

You know what I was thinking (that I think would be freaking AWESOME!!!) is if you had a big yard. and in the middle of this yard you had a whatever 30', 40', 50' megatree, right in the middle and the top of the tree would be the center of the top of a huge mega arch!!!

I have a very small front yard so this will never happen for me, but maybe I get lucky and hit the lotto!!!!

Like below:

Attached files 171995=9850-megaarch.bmp

I watched your videos and I can say I was quite impressed. Not with its size, but with the accuracy on which you synchronized your lights. That's what impresses me. Now, with regards to your AM idea, I don't think that it's going to be aesthetically impressing. But, what about a giant 3D star? My question Baron is, how do make one 10-foot giant 3D star? Any input?

oohyahla wrote:

I watched your videos and I can say I was quite impressed. Not with its size, but with the accuracy on which you synchronized your lights. That's what impresses me. Now, with regards to your AM idea, I don't think that it's going to be aesthetically impressing. But, what about a giant 3D star? My question Baron is, how do make one 10-foot giant 3D star? Any input?

First, thank you!

2nd: AM idea??

3rd: Depends on what kind of star you want, do you want a typical 5 point star? If thats the case and you want it to be 10 feet tall then I would do this. I would build a 10 foot star and weld it (you may be able to do something else but im just spitballing) then through the center I would build off 2 more stars rotated 60 degrees along the vertical axis. This way you can get the nice spining motion in you lights. I may even go more, but it is getting kinda heavy (but if you just want to set it on the ground then the posibilities are endless). Here is my crude quick drawing:

Attached files 172003=9851-star.bmp

oohyahla wrote:

I think I may steal your idea. I dont have much room in my yard to a 10ft tall mega tree isnt that impressive. But if I scrapped the tree this year and built a 10ft tall star that rotates with lights, that would be sweet!

thebaronn wrote:

lightzilla wrote:

You know what I was thinking (that I think would be freaking AWESOME!!!) is if you had a big yard. and in the middle of this yard you had a whatever 30', 40', 50' megatree, right in the middle and the top of the tree would be the center of the top of a huge mega arch!!!

I have a very small front yard so this will never happen for me, but maybe I get lucky and hit the lotto!!!!

Like below:

Or what if it like this, but instead of one mega arch, 3 or 4 of them overlapping forming a big dome around the mega tree!!! Or 10 of them mwahahahaha!!!