Light-O-Rama Forums

2009 Programming

redsea300

I just started my 2009 layout. I am adding another 100 channels. I want to rework my template to group thing together better. If i do that do i have to cut and past all my old songs into the new template or is there a better way to do this.
Thanks in advance Don

Couldn't you just take your existing template and right click on the channel name where you need to insert a channel(s). There are options to add single or multiple channels above or below that line...

You can also add drag channels to where you want them...

S

With the current software, no easy way to do this. I would think it would be easier to rework your existing sequences than to cut and paste each one.

I can add channels in between by inserting multiple channels above or below. But when then i export new channel config. and re import old already programmed 2008 songs. Nothing will line up right. Thhen i have to copy and paste old somgs into proper channels

I agree with iresq. I did just that this year and ran into problems with channels not matching the original plan and turning when they weren't supposed to. I went back to the original configuration and modified channels from there.

here is the original post

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=17068&forum_id=72&highlight=greg

The way I had to do it this year is:

First open your first sequence and add and define all your new channels and rearrange them the way you want. Export the config.

Then with all your other sequences you want to rework, you will have to open them and drag your channels to their new location and adding blank channels where the new ones will go.
I would open up a reconfigured sequence and then a sequence I want to redo right beside it and drag and line up the channels. After the first couple I knew how many channels to add where and it went very quickly.

Then you import your new config and all should line up.

That would work i guess if you are just adding channels in between i want to move some stuff i had at the bottom nearer to the middle. I did one song already it took about 4 hours of cut and paste.Oh well I only have 9 more to go.

Not sure if you're doing it this way, but this is where the keyboard commands can really save time....

If you put your cursor on the first cell in a row you want to move or copy, then press -End to highlight to the end of the row. Use Control-C to copy or Control-X to Cut and then Shift-Home to get back to the first cell of the row.

Then position the cursor where you want the copy to go and press Control-V.

Once you get the hang of things, you can move stuff around real fast.....

Randy