Light-O-Rama Forums

One man's trash...

JeffF

Went to our local dump today to drop off trash and while I was I noticed the top of a reel sticking out right where I was dumping... I made sure none of the dump workers were looking and I took it out to see that it was ~200ft of CCTV cable. It's 75 Ohm with power leads built in... PERFECT for my cameras!

Talk about lucky? I could have gone to 6 or 7 different dumpsters and I could have had the security guy talking to me(like we always do). :D

-Jeff

So you had a great find. Nothing wrong with a little dumpster / landfill diving!

When I use to make wooden cutouts I would go to the construction dumpsters for the plywood. Would buy paint that was not mixed correctly and then make my own colors.

Funny you should mention wood, we have this industrial business up near our house and they must get huge pieces of equipment in custom made shipping containers. They put all the wood out to the road for people to take for free and there is plywood, 2"x6", etc. Not sure why I needed someone to connect that I could use that for Christmas decorating but THANK YOU for mentioning it! :(

-Jeff