Light-O-Rama Forums

Simple request

cmoore60

it missed us this time Yaaaaaay

wallleyes wrote:

Now you can spend your time surfing while i sit and watch it snow again :P

Only four inches at my house, but some places in the foothills got up to 26 inches on Monday night.

• 2 months later...

Nova5 wrote:

Its just a bit of paranoia, plenty of nutjobs around the web are too easy to offend and take things to extremes. I understand why you folks think its nice, but I don't trust the world.

Trust yourself, Trust Death. The rest.... be wary.

I used to think just like this, but let me inform you, it doesn't matter what yo do or how you do it, believe it or not, someone, somehow, and in some way CAN find out more information than you will ever really realize is right here on the web.

Most "honest" folks probably won't know how or where to find it, but those unscrupulous types can still do it. It's been proven time and time again in news reports.

So I no longer worry about it, if someone wants to find me, they'll find me. My hiding the info just makes it more difficult for those I'd would want to find and help me to do so, and those folks I'd rather not make it difficult for them to do so.

So I see no reason to hide information (with the exception of bank account, Credit cards or info like that which is always used under secure protocols), however, city, state, phone numbers, names are usually easier to find. So, it's just not worth the stress or aggravation to hide common information like the census records, especially since it can be found anyway!

Just my .05¢ worth.

shfr26 wrote:

I agree 110%. What about moisture, is it snow, ice , sleet or just plain , good old liquid sunshine like we get in Florida. Besides, I bet hardly nobody knows where Spring Hill is. And like George said, If you are too close we might give you the wrong info so our's will always look better.:D

I was born and raised in Florida (Orlando area), now live in Fern Park and I've got to say I've heard of Spring Hill, but not exactly sure where it is!

chipwdw wrote:

i'll meet you there and bring the spray paint to cover up the camera !!!

i agree too, just put your info up there. it really does make it easier to help out. i know here in FL, at least by me lately, we seen ALOT of rain. about 2" in one day, and anything near the ground was under water!

Hey, you're in my favorite TRAIN watching city in Florida! I go to Plant City from time to time to watch the CSX and Amtrak trains on the A and S lines up by the old ACL Depot that's now a museum and gift shop. It's where I buy my favorite train themed coffee mugs at. haven't been that way for a bit now, but it's my favorite videography and still railfan shots of trains.

wallleyes wrote:

redsea300 wrote:
I still haven't found where to put in an address. I am logged in go to account settings and then what?

Once you have your location pinpointed on the map...go over to the left side and it will show your locations gps numbers.Click on yours and it gives you an edit button and then a save button.

How do you pinpoint your location? Everytime I go click on the map in my region I get nothing. Been trying for a while and I'm calling it quits for the moment. Can't get anything to work, tried going to options, that was worthless, nothing there that helps or tells me what I need to do. This shouldn't be that difficult to get info into the map. Has done nothing more than just frustrate me no end!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I just came back to the forums from the abyss, and had someone reach out to me because they saw I was in their area. Great feeling to know that you have others in your area that area as nuts as you and may be able to lend a helping hand.

I just came back to the forums from the abyss, and had someone reach out to me because they saw I was in their area. Great feeling to know that you have others in your area that area as nuts as you and may be able to lend a helping hand.

Howdy Neighbor! :) Yet another local... Was just check out your website. Love how you have the 20th Century Fox intro! Very Cool! I'm not sure how we missed you last year on our "around town Christmas light expedition" :) we'll be sure to put you on the route this year for sure. I found your 2010 videos, do you have any from last year?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

This is my first post so I will see if my info shows up. I am Stephen Rice. I am in the Army and have used the same screen name for everything; email, websites etc. sgt s rice. I live in Maricopa, Arizona and am new to this obsession. 

• 11 months later...