Light-O-Rama Forums

I am stoked!!!

chowell

I'm a newbie this year starting out with 80 channels. I have 6 songs done for my show and will add more as the season goes on. After well over 100 hours of setup time, I ran my full test tonight and everything was awesome!!! I set up my Ramsey FM30 right out of the box with zero problems so far. The volume and clarity was phenomenal right out of the box. It feels great to see it all come together! I hope everyone else is having the same success.

Corey

Way to go, Chowell. It's a great feeling of accomplishment to get it all working. This stuff is somewhat simple, yet it is definitely not plug and play. It takes some planning, working and thinking and when it all comes together, it's a great thing. Last year was my first year with LOR and I remember how it felt the first time the lights took off with the music. Man that was great! Congratulations on your success. Merry Christmas to you and to everyone at LOR.

Like Tom last year was my first year to kinda rushed thru it all it looked good .But this year I planned a bit more and took more time to details when hanging lights and doing sequences. The finished product is awesome!! Merry christmas

I am also Stoked!!!! This is my first year. I had a few small problems that I worked through with the help of this site. I am up and running all 208 channels, Fm transmit. The neighbors all come by when I was testing. Everyone is amazed. I have met more people in my neighborhood in the last 2 weeks than I have met in the year I have been here. I even had one neighbor tell me he has his alarm radio set to the station and wakes up to our Christmas music I broadcast during off hours. I am already doing a larger layout and programming for next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrates to all. This too is my first year of animation only. I am only operating 16 channels of AC and 12 MR 16 floods. I decided to go standalone the first year due to my work schedule. My neighbors have been asking all summer about the lights. I could tell they were anxious as I was to see the end results. So the week of Thanksgiving arrives, I put the lights up, test for 2 nights and get all adjusted ready for the big moment. I had to delay the official lighting to the night after Thanksgiving. My neighbors kept asking when and what time. " Come get us when you are ready, we have a surprise for you". Friday night comes, all my family was present on both sides, all the grandkids and my neighbors show up with bottles of bubbly, to my surprise to toast the big moment.......this was great!!!!. everything went according to plan, a lot of ooooos and aaahhhhh's. I have always put up lights as long as I can remember, but never anything like this. I found it very satisfying to be able add a little christmas cheer to all.
Thanks Light-O Rama for a wonderful system, I have had a wonderful time with this so far.
Richard