Light-O-Rama Forums

FED UP!!!

Robin

Ben Hopkins wrote:

I have had this same problem I just figured it was something with my pc, I am glad this issue was brought up.

Ben
I'm in the same boat. Thought it was just a quirk of the win2k machine I'm sequencing on, using 2.0.16.

I don't know is this helps isolate the problem, but here's my experience...

Once it starts acting up while sequencing, it will scroll down one row. But after that point it will jump down 20 or so rows when I hit the keys that trigger my kvm switch (scroll lock, scroll lock, port number 1 - 4, enter). Haven't tried restarting the sequence editor. I'll pay closer attention to the details.

Is anyone seeing this behavior in the 2.1.x releases? (Too chicken to upgrade til after the season's over.)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LightORamaDan

• Charles Belcher

• Max-Paul

• bob

I have been working on sequences on 2.1.6 and I have seen this behavior. The selected cell has been jumping to the one above that click on. Yes the tip of the arrow pointer is in the center of the cell that I click on.

Chuck

Yeah that video is of 2.1.6 but it is the same issue I have been having with all prior versions as well. After watching that video again I noticed that it happened again in the first minute of it. I guess I am getting more used to it than I thought.

It's very aggraviting. I've noticed a few times today that the channels actually do this when I'll click a button on the menu bar at times as well. I hope there is a fix for it.

Steve

Robin wrote:

Bob,
You are correct. In fact, when fixes came out this was considered a nuisance and not a major problem during testing. True it is not major but boy does it P($$ me off. It will even jump from side to side but not nearly as often is down a row or two
So let me try to explain exactly what happens.

Set Play to Visible Screen.
Play section.
Go to top cell and as you go to click on that cell it will jump down to the next one. Sometimes do not even need to click it will just go down one cell. Here is why this is a problelm.

I have a mega tree with 104 channels. Lets say I want to make a run of some sort. Well instead of starting to the first cell I have started in the second. If I do not catch it in time I have a lot of moving around to do to sync it back up.

Also, in newer versions PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE think of a way to move blocks of channels to a new track. Moving 104 channels to a new track one channel at a time is tiresome. So is moving 80 mini trees. This was also a request in BETA last year. Thank you so much. Shucks I will even pay for this change!!!

Wow,

I haven't seen this thread until right now and having 3200 channels of DMX and another 300 channels of controllers I can assure everyone that the "bunny hop" is the single most annoying mis-step I come up against every day; day in and day out.

I was tweaking a sequence today and it happened so I know it hasn't been fixed yet.

I second or third the motion to fix this nuisance before we all have to start programming for next year.

Charles

Wow glad to see I am not the only one.

Yeah it has happened in other versions and during BETA I brought it up.

It usually will hop up one channel but sometimes I have had it hop to the right and then to the left.

Oh wait I know!!

You put your left cell in, you take your left cell out.
You put your right cell in and you shake it all about.

Sorry old fart moment.:)

celljump.jpg

don't know if this has anything to do with it, but .....

This year had 32 channels and didn't happened to me.
Was setting up for next year (stay at home dad) anyway and when I click on where the words under the channel name was bunch up (like the video) it would jump like the rest of you. Was wondering if the rest of you have your channel list like this too.
I've tested it a couple of times same thing, then I made the channel list one word instead of bunch up and could not get to happen for over two hours?

just my two cents

good luck

Jeff S.A.H.D.

I've had this same thing happen in old and new versions as well. It seems like it happens when I haven't saved changes in a while.

I have found that it doesn't matter if there is one word or six words in the channel description for the "bunny hop" to occur.

I may not care next year because, I am threatening to put one bare 100W light bulb on a 5' stand with a pull chain centered in the front yard.

Below the pull chain will be a sign that states: "For light show, please pull my chain".

Charles

Charles Belcher wrote:

I have found that it doesn't matter if there is one word or six words in the channel description for the "bunny hop" to occur.

I may not care next year because, I am threatening to put one bare 100W light bulb on a 5' stand with a pull chain centered in the front yard.

Below the pull chain will be a sign that states: "For light show, please pull my chain".

Charles

Now that is funny right there I don't care who you are.

Between Firefly and CDI LEDs I think that sounds like a great idea!!!!

I've been programming 368 channels in 2.0.16 for about 8 months now, and I have never had this happen to me. I do have the channels jump to the bottom of the channel list, but not jump from cell to cell.

Scott

Just throwing a thought out there. Ya never know...

I'm not a Windows programmer, but some of the comments got me wondering if the bunny hop could be related to the size of an individual user's display and row/column sizes. Could the window manager be recalculating different coordinates for the visible grid because of something like a rounding "error" or other factor, causing a shift on certain events?

Another minor annoyance I see often is when I stop play, with the spacebar, the cursor is at the far end of a selection anchored at a seemingly random cell off-screen. I have to click somewhere to finish the select, then I can navigate normally. I don't think I'm hitting the shift key...

Charles Belcher wrote:

Charles

I think I just passed coffee through my nose, man that makes my eyes water :shock::D:P

Unfortunately I don't have all the data requested, but I will say that I do experience the hop as well.. 602 channels, XP, 2.0.16, musical sequence, multiple tracks, usually use play visible screen, have not noticed if it correlates with waveform visible. Generally only use the mouse for the selection pointer when moving large distances... Otherwise most work is keyboard shortcuts...

Oh almost forgot.. Screen resolution is 1680x1050 on a widescreen laptop...

- Kevin

• 4 months later...

LOR were are you at on this problem? I am rather new and just recently started to have this problem and like someone else said. When doing a large sequence. One can loose their train of thought if they have to go back and fix a turned on cell that was not supposed to be turned on because of this darn hopping going on. I have had to go back and cut and paste whole sections because I didnt notice that the dang grid shifted and now I am doing something that I did not want to do.

I dont know all what data you wanted, but I am running Vista home pro w? Sp1. This just started to happen with my 4th track w/32 channels. In my work area, about 6 channels are not visable and I have to either slide up or down to the either the top or bottom 6 channels. Will try to save more often to see if this helps.

Thanks

Max

LOR,

I haven't started programming for 2009 yet, but I would like to know what the status is on this fix.

Charles

Hi Charles,

I know that we have made some Sequence Editor performance improvements that will be most noticeable with large sequences. I am not sure if we have been able to reproduce this particular problem... Although this affects a number of people it does not happen to everyone and unfortunately it does not happen on LOR PCs.

We will have a solution one way or another within the next couple of months.

Dan