Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie first disply this year in 2008

Edward S. Baiz Jr.

Hello all. I just bought the LOR setup in June. My first Christmas display will be a little consisitng of only 16 channels. I will have some icicle lights going along with some trees and bushes. Nothing spectacular, but it should look nice. At least it does when I play it on the computer. My friends can't wait to comes over and see it. I plan to expand for next year and want to do some of my own sequences. I have some experience here as I own and use an Atari computer (MIDI). The only thing I am worried about is burglers. I bought a Job Box to put my controller in. I will weight it down with bricks and cover it with snow. It should all look nice when it is done. It will not be near as nice as most of the displays posted, but it is a start. Merry Christmas all.

It is my first year with LOR also. You are not alone I will be using 16 CH also with a total of 11 thousand lights. It can be a pretty big show just have to watch how many lights are on at a time. Most likely will have 64 CH next year with FM but looking to be 80 CH most likely.

Good lighting.

The Dotys

This is my first year also. I am running 208 channels and FM transmit. It has been a busy year for sure. I am working on next year at least 82 more channels at this point. I am already programing for next year. my wife says I am nuts. Maybe because I usually get up at 4am to program before going to work.Oh Well the neighbor kids love it. I had a four year girl come by last nigh while I was testing. I had a radio going so I could hear where I was, she was singing and dancing to the songs. That makes it all completely worth all the hours.

Hi Everyone,

A newbie here too. Started back in January and got 2 controllers and modified a belkin for FM and then bought an EDM transmitter. Did a Fourth of July flag display and a singing pumpkin display. Now on to Christmas. :)

Added another controller and now have 48 channels. Doing the house with a singing Santa, 8 spiral trees and a mega tree with 16 channels and 2 colors - red and green.

It is just way to easy to get hooked on LOR. I spend most evenings with my laptop either sequencing or reading the forums.:P After my flag display my wife realized how nice it can be and now can't wait to see the house next week.

Already researching next years display and probably will add more channels.:shock:

Hi to all. I am also a newbie. Bought 32 channels during the sale. Have been planning long before the sale though. I have 1 AC board and 1 DC board. Kept it pretty simple this year with animation only. Will add music next year. My display is almost 100% LED's. Just have 1 or 2 items that are not. My work travel keeps me gone alot so I have to plan around it. I am using the standalone feature this year. Started my show on Thanksgiving night, so far no problems. A few of my neighbors came out to watch. Everyone oohhhed and aaahhhed, including myself.
I will post a video soon. Good luck to everyone and you enjoy this as much as I have this year.

The only thing I am worried about is burglers.

I use welded link chain run around a tree then padlocked to the controllers with steel security wire also running though the controllers. If a tree is not available drive down a 6' chicken wire fence stake and anchor to it (just make sure nothing is underground first).

• The topic was locked