Light-O-Rama Forums

Lawn lights?

thebaronn

I see that a lot of people have lights on their lawn, and I don't mean the outline, I mean all over the lawn (a good reason I dont have to mow it!) and I was wondering how anyone does this.

Do you just lay them on the ground?

Or are they elevated? and if so, how do you do it?

Thank you in advance!

Eric

I made a set of these last year using c-7's I used stakes to raise them off the ground about 8 inches. I believe I bought the stakes at k-mart they looked good, My brother did the same thing but laid his on the ground and he had problems with shorts. I'm not sure if this is because we made the sets and if a purchased set would do any better. I would recommend getting them off the ground a few inches.

greg

I used lawn lights for a few years. They look very cool. The only problem I had was the stinking rabbits. I had to fix those things constantly, due to the furry little buggers.

blainedead wrote:

I put regular 200ct minis right on the ground and use the big, wide landscaping staples to hold them in place. Never had any problems.

What kind of spacing do you use?

So you cris cross the same colors.

I have never done it, any suggestions would be helpful!

Thank you

Eric

I used 1 1/2" pvc pipe. I ran it through the table saw with a dado blade to the right width. Just slide the lights in the groove. They are standing straight up and in perfect lines. Check out my wwbsite it has some pictures on it.

redsea300 wrote:

I used 1 1/2" pvc pipe. I ran it through the table saw with a dado blade to the right width. Just slide the lights in the groove. They are standing straight up and in perfect lines. Check out my wwbsite it has some pictures on it.

WOW! That was impressive! This I have to steal that idea!

From the pictures it looks like you use LEDs exclusively..

Where you buy your LEDs?

Thank you for sharing! Very nice website!

Eric

99% LED. The reindeer on the roof are regular mini lights. Most are Home depot LED. The mini trees are from Animated Lighting. The arches are from 1000bulds.com I have found HOLIDAY LIGHTS EXPRESS they have full wave for a good price. The Home Depot lights don't fade great(good just not great) I am going to put snubbers on them soon. Please feel free to steal any ideas. Good Luck. any questions just email thru my website I will respond.

redsea300 wrote:

99% LED. The reindeer on the roof are regular mini lights. Most are Home depot LED. The mini trees are from Animated Lighting. The arches are from 1000bulds.com I have found HOLIDAY LIGHTS EXPRESS they have full wave for a good price. The Home Depot lights don't fade great(good just not great) I am going to put snubbers on them soon. Please feel free to steal any ideas. Good Luck. any questions just email thru my website I will respond.

UH OH! You gave me the green light to email you.......big mistake (i guess you can mark me as spam!!) Just ask around!!!

Hey eric. I forgot to save your email address. So send something to me again. I forgot to tell you when you send the pvc through the table saw scre a 1x3 to the side of it this will keep it flat on the table and run it through the saw straight