Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware Utility

Blair Melanson

LAST year i was using 64 channels the hardware utility found all 4 boxes and they are working fine all lights blinking ect, not a problem bought 3 more boards[these are not kits ] this year using 112 channels the problem is the hard ware utility can not find the other 3 boxes what can i be doing wrong . I change cat 5 cables and no luck at all hit refresh and all that comes up is the original 4 boxes any ideas need lots of help thank you Blair

Blair Melanson wrote:

LAST year i was using 64 channels the hardware utility found all 4 boxes and they are working fine all lights blinking ect, not a problem bought 3 more boards[these are not kits] this year using 112 channels the problem is the hard ware utility can not find the other 3 boxes what can i be doing wrong . I change cat 5 cables and no luck at all hit refresh and all that comes up is the original 4 boxes any ideas need lots of help thank you Blair

Many specific problems come to mind, but I'll mention a couple of most common mistakes.

1. Did you remember to set the channel number dials in the controller to the next higher series of numbers? If not, they will default to channel one, and since you likely already have a channel 1, you won't see them.

2. Did you set the "Max Units" text box to a number that is high enough to include all of the new units?

Chuck and Richard i changed the number of units form 19 to 12 no difference last night i took in the 3 boxes by the way these are all CTB- 16D NO DIALS TO SET UNITS BOUGHT IN APRIL SALE any way i re configured them set 5- 6- 7 one at a time put them back out side using only 5and 6 at this time i did not have anything pluged into box 3 or 4 i'm using 5 and 6 for my arches it was late so i just pluged in 2 strings for each arch worked fine, Tonight i hooked up all the lights to the plugs for boxes 3 and 4 nothing coming on for those boxes and box 5 is working all 16 channels 2 arches. Came in went to hardware utility and this is what came up

O1--- CTB 16 - VER 2.0

02--- CTB 16-- VER 2.0

03 --- CTB 16 -- VER 4.0

04 -- UNKNOWN--- DEVICE ?? 02

05 -- UNKNOWN -- DEVICE ?? 02

I'M only using lor 1 Box number 1 AND 2 are woking fine box 3 and 4 nothing box number 5 working and box number 6 nothing ?????????? any ideas Blair

Blair,

What version of LOR1 are you using? I know that there is a file in the lor folder that helps with recognizing the version numbers and posting that information in the hardware utility. If your version of LOR1 is not new enough, then this can explain why your getting the unknown.

Has unit 3 every controlled lights? Does all of your board not have dial for setting unit number? Might need to confirm the addresses individually.

Does unit 6 control any lights? I see you show that it shows as all ?? in the HWU, that could be related to the first reply.

Are all of your channels properly configured in the sequence editor?

Where are you locate? Could you update your profile to reflect your location?

Chuck