Light-O-Rama Forums

Ouch!!! Part 2

bossgroove

See Ouch Part 1 http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum81/17515.html

While hammering last night, Dena put a hammer on top of a ladder. She forgot about it and moved the ladder. BONK!!! A trip to the hospital and a stitch in the head, she was back in time to help me finish the Large Window.

Me - 12 stitches

Dena - 1 staple

These interruptions are starting to become annoying!

Man oh man... Glad everyone's ok...

(The next part is to everyone, not just bossgrove):

Please everyone, be careful! Being safe takes longer, but if you don't have time to be safe, how are you going to get the display done when you're laid up?

I did the "hammer on the ladder" thing once, fortunately it didn't hit me. Ever since I will NEVER place a hammer or anything heavy on the ladder again, and anything I do place on the ladder comes off as soon as I do...

Most accidents are caused when people are doing something they know to be risky, but do it anyway... The year I had the ladder fall out from under me, I didn't set it properly, and as I was climbing up, I felt it shift, but figured "It was just settling". Seconds later I went for a long, hard ride down to the asphalt driveway :( As a woodworker, I've seen many stats that say the person who got their finger amputated or whatever said "I knew I shouldn't have been doing this but it was just one quick cut..."

-Tim

bossgroove wrote:

See Ouch Part 1 http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum81/17515.html

While hammering last night, Dena put a hammer on top of a ladder. She forgot about it and moved the ladder. BONK!!! A trip to the hospital and a stitch in the head, she was back in time to help me finish the Large Window.

Me - 12 stitches

Dena - 1 staple

These interruptions are starting to become annoying!

You have got one expensive Christmas this year!!! Sorry to hear about you and your wifes boo boo's.

I must say to everyone, please be careful. At least more careful then me. I was putting up halloween lights on the roof, proceded to fall off the ladder, tore the tendons out of my knee, and will spend the next 3 months watching boring reruns of tv shows I didn't watch when they first came out. No pity please, it was my own dumb fault. I own a heavy duty Little Giant Ladder, and as with any ladder, what are you told, "Hey Idiot, don't stand on the top step". Oops, forgot that rule. So I have the ladder in the A frame position, standing on the top at the narrowest part, pulling something away from the roof that shouldn't have moved and, you guessed it, it moved. Must say though, that Ladder never moved, even with my 280Lbs falling off it. So please take an extra moment to be safe. And everyone can quit laughing now please, thanks.