Light-O-Rama Forums

half string of leds not working

phildo

does anyone know what would make a string of 100 multi colored led c6 lights not work ifs got me boggled i purchased these from sams club last year and all but this one half of a string work out of about 50 strings

thanks for any help

Phil

really dont know i guess i could try to take the globe off and see if they pull out ....would the one that was bad be the first one out in the string ¿ the bad part is i checked em before i shimmied up in the tree about 15' they worked before i got them wrapped way up there and then did a test run and of course the top string is the one with em half lit.... hahaha

checked all the bulbs with they few good ones i had and still only partial string the all seem to quit beofre the plastic deal inline with the wire between the next group of lights naybe thats bad just dont know what that thing is guess i will have to dig up the recept and see about returning the set for another ...just never knew how leds really work and i guess there is sone sort of component that is inline with then that went bad i guess