Light-O-Rama Forums

Scheduler help

ke6itf

Hi everyone I have about a 26 minute show comprised of 6 sequences. I want it to start at 6:00pm and stop when all the sequences are complete but If I schedule it from 6-6:30 it repeats itself and I have to manually stop it. How do I ensure that, even though the scheduled time is a bit longer than the show, the show ends after the final sequence is played? Can this e done? I do not have anything in the shutdown section - it's all in the musical area. Or, do I need to get the exact timing of the sequences and add them up and set the scheduler exactly to the timing? Please help! Thanks. This is my first year doing LOR and I love it. I have 80 channels.

Sequences placed in the startup section of the show will play once and only once. So I would suggest putting these six sequences in the startup section, rather than the musical section.

My shows are only about 10 minutes or so and run them every 30 minutes. I figure out what the balance to time left to make an exact 30 minute block and make a musical block of static time with dead air. This way it does repeat every 30 minutes. Your would be easier if you only have to worry about 2-3 minutes. This is a bandaid type of fix, but it does work well.

Dave

My shows are only about 10 minutes or so and run them every 30 minutes. I figure out what the balance to time left to make an exact 30 minute block and make a musical block of static time with dead air. This way it does repeat every 30 minutes. Your would be easier if you only have to worry about 2-3 minutes. This is a bandaid type of fix, but it does work well.

A different way to do this would be to get rid of the "static time dead air" sequence, put your "real" sequences in the startup section rather than the musical section (as in the above post), and then actually schedule the same show multiple times, once every half hour.

I will have to give that a whirl. Never used that option. Just build the show with the three sequences and schedule the show? Sounds simple enough. Was that feature in LOR 1?

Thanks.

Right, but make sure the sequences are in the startup section (rather than the musical section), and make sure that you schedule the show multiple times (once every half hour or whatever).

I don't think that LOR 1 supported musical sequences in the startup section, but I might be misremembering.

Thank you VERY MUCH, Bob! I am proud to be part of the LOR community and part of this specialized group of Christmas display guru's! Again, thanks for a super quick reply I will take your advise!

I just tried a test. I have a one minute intro song and I scheduled it at 10 minute marks. Worked great. I didn't even have to work about making sure to keep it short so it would not repeat within the same 10 minute window.

I agree, its great to be a part of the LOR community - great tech support from both Dan and the users. i may have to schedule the shows more but it wont be as much a hassle as before and they will be on GPS time!

Thanks again.
Dave