Light-O-Rama Forums

New tune in sign...kinda

Texan78

I have a 8x8' projection screen that I made that is trimmed out to look like ginger bread and outlined with garland and has foam 12" peppermints and candies stuck on it. Total the thing is 10x10' roughly and the screen part is 3' off the ground. I didn't want just nothing showing on the screen between shows. So I made this quick animation loop to run between shows that kinda works as a Tune in sign, not that I don't have one already. Just thought it would look a little nicer.

The display video only runs during the show and only during certain parts so there is a lot of down time. I was thinking of filling this dead space with this animation or with some other random changing animation. What do you think?

http://www.mesquitechristmas.com/video/standby.html

I tried to watch in both FF and IE and could not view it. Sounds interesting. A cool clip my be Linus Van Pelt's monologue in A Charlie Brown's Christmas. You could get clips from various movies. That would be very cool.

Try it again, I just checked it in FF3 and IE7 and it worked with both on my computer. Might have to give it a few seconds to load if you have a slow connection or computer.

Yea I have the Linus clip and that actually starts the show before it goes into the sequence. Not sure though if I want to use this screen after that or make a animation to feel the void during the sequence when no video is playing. Not sure if it would look good going back and forth like that.

• The topic was locked