Light-O-Rama Forums

1 is not working

Bosevents

I use a 16 channel LOR
channel 4 was working oke.
But today it lit the lights and the stayed on. I tryed a few thing but the only way was to take the plug out and put in back in otherwise the lights where staying on...forever :)

How do i get this channel to work again??
Any suggestions

(it also when i do it with the controls in the hardware)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the info Jeff-

I didn't build my boards, what is a "JO pin"?

Fortunately, I had a 8 channels unspoken for and moved it to one of those and it is working for me, BUT I need to fix it, never know what I'll want to add to the display before Monday night! (I bought a projector yesterday or I have 8 tiny reindeer that I was thinking about adding to the roof)

Cindy
(hoping today really isn't "Black Friday" :))

TheCoC wrote:

thanks for the info Jeff-

I didn't build my boards, what is a "JO pin"?

Fortunately, I had a 8 channels unspoken for and moved it to one of those and it is working for me, BUT I need to fix it, never know what I'll want to add to the display before Monday night! (I bought a projector yesterday or I have 8 tiny reindeer that I was thinking about adding to the roof)

Cindy
(hoping today really isn't "Black Friday" :))

Are you using LED's?.

I followed the directions for resetting and after I took off the jumper and plugged it back in, the light never came back on. With the help of a friend, he talked me through trouble shooting and replacing two of the IC's... though this got the LED light to come back on and everything looks as it should, it still isn't being seen by the computer.... I havd to leave town for the weekend, so I couldn't do anything with it.

I just got back and hope to figure something out before the nights over and the show goes live tomorrow night... I'm running out of time so I made some changes to channels until I can get the board fixed.

NO ice or 8' star until I get the board running properly again-

I'll have another look at the documents after I have my show scheduled and ready to run.

Thanks, Cindy

OK!

Connect only the one board to the PC

Bring up the Hardware Utility, LED must go from flashing to solid

Go to the Set Unit ID section of window

Under Old Unit ID select Any Unit

Under New Unit ID select 01

Click Change Unit ID button

Try Refresh now, if it works, the Unit ID and/or supporting hardware is not working.

I did THAT and it worked, I haven't tested the broken channel yet- I'm just so excited that the board is working again I'm afriad to touch anything until this show season is over!

Thanks again for the help-
Cindy