Light-O-Rama Forums

Seperating pathway markers

crazytrain83

Hey guys...

Does anyone know if you can take those strings of pathway markers (snowflakes or giant bulbs or whatever) and cut the cords, add male plugs, and put them all on their own channel?

Pretty much have to do what you just mentioned. Cut them and add your own vampire plug to each one. The ones I have seen use SPT1 wire with a C9 or C7 fixture to illuminate the globe. So it should not be to hard to do.

So what you would want to do is cut the wire before the next fixture and do this on each one. That way you have ample length from each fixture. Then just add your own male vampire plug and would will have a plug for each fixture so each one can have it's own channel.

iresq wrote:

I do that but splice on ends from old strings that no longer work.

Ditto, providing you have any strings that no longer work. Otherwise you will need some plug ends. don't use the ones from minis though. Make sure they are from a set up C9 or C7 strings if you use the ones from a old string.

We have about 80 or so of those big c7 lights that we made as individual lights. I did not use the wire that it came with thou.

What I do is buy the 9' green indoor extension cords, cut them in half and use the female sides for our controllers and the male side for the c7 lights. We just put a c7 socket about 6" from the end along with a new female end. The female end is so that if I want to I can just connect all of the same colors together. Our first year we did this we didnt have enough channels to put each light on its own channel, but we did have enough to put all the blues together, green, red, and clears (we had to order the clears online). The purples and yellows don't get used.