Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini Tree Chases

Joe D

Hello All...

This is my first year Sequencing and looking to do Wizards in winter. Looking for some ideas on Mini tree chases.. I have 4 sets of 2 mini trees with 3 colors each. Would anyone like to share some ideas and how tos as far as Sequencing for them could be or would anyone like to share a sample?

Thanks for your help

Joe

Joe D wrote:

Hello All...

This is my first year Sequencing and looking to do Wizards in winter. Looking for some ideas on Mini tree chases.. I have 4 sets of 2 mini trees with 3 colors each. Would anyone like to share some ideas and how tos as far as Sequencing for them could be or would anyone like to share a sample?

Thanks for your help

Joe

The first question, is how are the trees arranged? 8 in a row? a rectangle? 4 separated groups of 2?

If they are widely separated, 'chasing' may not be very effective. You probably will be better off doing color changes. If they are in close proximity, then you can go from side to side (2 dimensional layout) or around the perimeter (3 dimensional layout). You can chase in one color then switch and chase in another color. Or do a staggered chase with multiple colors. It all depends on what you want to do.

I'm playing with Wizards of Winter and I found it to be way to long. I cut it down using Audacity and now it is much 'crisper'.

Joe -- I just finished sequencing Wizards this morning for my 80 channel setup. I know it is a very popular song to sequence though it is not one of the easiest. This is my third year and my 10th song -- and I finally got around to it. From experience I would suggest honing your skills on shorter songs -- or as the other reply suggested shorten up the full version. It is very repetitive anyway so you dont miss much. But on the other hand this means you can cut and paste parts of the sequence once you get them figured out the first time.

To your original question I have 9 three color (red-white-green) mini trees that are arranged in a row about 20-25 feet long. In some parts of the song, like that beginning at 13.5 seconds I use them with all three colors in a chase. In some parts, like that beginning at 57 seconds I use them in a color change mode. At other times I use just the white lights as bells along with some white lights I have elsewhere in the display.

If you are interested I can send you the sequence so you can see.

Scott