Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone else trying out the new Firefly units?

tboerjan

hosehead wrote:

Uhhhgg!! I thought I had lucked out since I had no idea what this flickering or stuck business was all about the first time I read that thread and saw the d-light poll. I came home late tonight and one of my arches is doing exactly that though. Pixels 11 thru 16 on one of my strings are flickering and/or stuck on solid in multiple colors (mostly white), even when disconnected from the show computer. Major bummer being front and center stage out by the road. I think I'm going to have to take that one arch down since it's so distracting. I feel like it's just a matter of time before my 2nd arch starts doing the same. :D

I feel the same way I have 4 arches front and center. I have some doing the flickering as they did not start it from the beginning I have no reason not to believe they all will do it sooner or later.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thebaronn

• Paul Roberson

• Duke

• tboerjan

Paul Roberson wrote:

I feel the same way I have 4 arches front and center. I have some doing the flickering as they did not start it from the beginning I have no reason not to believe they all will do it sooner or later.

Well, so much for my 2nd one holding out. It's doing the exact same thing now exactly one night later. Has anybody had any positive response from d-light about replacing or anything? I emailed them yesterday and haven't heard back yet.

thebaronn wrote:

Just wanted to thank tboerjan for starting this thread and everyone else for contributing. This information is better than anything that is on the D-Light website (which is pretty sad, my website is better, LOL!)

Maybe someday I will create something so cool that no matter how bad my customer service and information distribution is, people will still buy it!!! (hehe)

Eric

Remember this post??? I wasnt kidding, D-Light is horrible!!!

I seriously think if i let them forget I was a customer, they would......

Anyonw have any ideas about selling something so cool that if there is a problem we say TS and they still come back as a customer?? And then they even post free videos on youtube advertising our product??

AWESOME!!!!

I have not gotten anything replaced yet.....but they did finally answer an email and say that they expected the replacement pixle strings to get to them later this week.

Yes replacements ARE on their way. I should have mine by Friday and out in the field running that evening. Now if I can just keep getting a steady stream of CDI led's to replace the ones that are failing I should have a complete display at Christmas time. I have a Marty Fan on top of my roof that keeps burning up 100 count M5 multi color strings like there's no tomorrow. I'm really getting PO'd at replacing them. Makes me wish I had a bigger service and I had went iwth conventional strings instead of LED. I've never in my life had so many problems with lights. NEVER! D-Light AND CDI have been standing behind their product as far as I can tell. I hope all the bugs get ironed out so we don't have to go through this again next year. I plan on getting more FireFlys for the display if these prove their worthiness. My feeling is that there was a bad run on these and D-Light will get it resolved.

Duke wrote:

Yes replacements ARE on their way. I should have mine by Friday and out in the field running that evening. Now if I can just keep getting a steady stream of CDI led's to replace the ones that are failing I should have a complete display at Christmas time. I have a Marty Fan on top of my roof that keeps burning up 100 count M5 multi color strings like there's no tomorrow. I'm really getting PO'd at replacing them. Makes me wish I had a bigger service and I had went iwth conventional strings instead of LED. I've never in my life had so many problems with lights. NEVER! D-Light AND CDI have been standing behind their product as far as I can tell. I hope all the bugs get ironed out so we don't have to go through this again next year. I plan on getting more FireFlys for the display if these prove their worthiness. My feeling is that there was a bad run on these and D-Light will get it resolved.

I agree on ALL accounts!!!!!! I have never wrapped and rewrapped so many mini trees in my life!!!

I sure am glad I don't have any CDI lights on my roof:P

I received an e-mail from PayPal saying a shipment had been mailed today from D-Light, so I assume it is the replacement pixels for the firefly.

WooHoo!!

Got my replacement strings in today and installed!!!!

Back up and awsome. I had forgotten how cool these things are.

what are the odds of getting a replacement strand if it has been tampered with?

Screw caps taken off, rods shoved in there and covered with silicone sealer?

So I was on vacation for a week and when I came back, the show was still running, SWEET!!!

But I just finished a song and I have this problem:

At the end of the song I have the following, and 12 beat long white fade, then a 4 beat off then a 12 beat blue/green fade then off for 4 beats. Then a 12 beat green fade. Only problem, the red NEVER turns off??? If finally turns off at the end of the song.

guess im emailing d-light

I should be getting my 4 replacements today.

Had a power supply go south yesterday but cobbled a spare to keep me going.

Hope there's no more spastic or sticky-osis lights.

It should only take me about 10 minutes to unwrap and wrap these due to the way I wrapped them in a spiral. I'll take pics this time and post 'em.

Duke wrote:

I should be getting my 4 replacements today.

Had a power supply go south yesterday but cobbled a spare to keep me going.

Hope there's no more spastic or sticky-osis lights.

It should only take me about 10 minutes to unwrap and wrap these due to the way I wrapped them in a spiral. I'll take pics this time and post 'em.

It took me 5 minutes or less to replace mine. I was able to replace them in place in the display.

I also had a power supply quit working. There was a replacement power supply in the box with the replacement strings.

thebaronn wrote:

If you checked out the "flickering pixels" post from Dan on D-light, and then sent them an email with your information and how many strings had the flickering pixel problem. Then you would probably have replacement strings in the mail already.

There is also a post on D-light about someone fixing their flickering pixel string by doing some resoldering.

Paul Roberson wrote:

thebaronn wrote:

If you checked out the "flickering pixels" post from Dan on D-light, and then sent them an email with your information and how many strings had the flickering pixel problem. Then you would probably have replacement strings in the mail already.

There is also a post on D-light about someone fixing their flickering pixel string by doing some resoldering.

I don't have a flickering pixel problem. So there would have been nothing to complain about to d-light. And if I really need one I will just buy it. My last one I purchased 12/1 was on my door step 12/4 so that is no biggie.
At this point I have a problem with pixel10 always being red during certain songs. And now I seem to have a problem with red again on another strand.

But I'm wondering if it my sequence now.