Light-O-Rama Forums

Mixing LED and Regular Incandescent

jonstacey1

I am new to the whole LOR era, and this will be the first of many yrs of using this project (if all goes well this year). I am learning the tricks and nontricks, starting with the lighting. For the past years I have used standard lighting so I have several strands. I am upgrading my house lights to LED, small fortune, so I am wondering what people thoughts are, if the show mixed LED, incadescent. I dont want to have to buy all new light this year, for the fact that I have bought 2 light controllers. Thanks for your thoughts.

Jon

I'll have a mix of LED, Incadescents, and rope light this year. I see nothing wrong with it. Just like anything in design, it's all personal tastes.

About 1/3 of my lights are LED. You can get great color's from mixing color LED with white incandescent lights. I have multi color LED and white mini's on my mini-tree's. The LED make it colorful and the mini's make if brighter and fuller.

I did try the same color LED and mini lights and it did not look well. So I would recommend keeping the same color's on different displays.

Scott