Light-O-Rama Forums

warm white color match

Crcollar

What DMX value do you all use to match warm white LED lighting? I can't seem to find the right spot, using the online DMX values doesn't seem to get it.

Best bet is to open the pixel console (part of the hardware utility) and hook up the actual lights that you will be using - preferably in the location where they will be used.  Adjust the sliders until you get the color that you are looking for.  For a warm white, start with R, G, & B all full.  That will be a fairly cool white.  Then drop the blue and likely the green until you get the color you like.  It will vary depending on the pixels you are using, and to some extent where they are mounted.

I'm not sure if it varies for different type of equipment, but for my CCR II with bullet pixels, I've found that Red at 55 and Green at 16/17 matches my warm white LEDs.

5 minutes ago, Sctiger said:

I'm not sure if it varies for different type of equipment,

Oh, it absolutely does.  Different manufacturers, and even different batches from the same manufacturer will often have color differences.  That is the reason that a standard recommendation is that you always buy all the pixels for a prop and spares, at the same time.

• Like 1