Jump to content

Pixcon Dmx Bridge to legacy controllers


Recommended Posts

in a few days I am going to test run the layout I attached here. Just curious if it will work. Any thoughts?

All LOR hardware, so all regular cat5, and all dip switches on CMB24D are on LOR. 

Unit IDs on legacy AC controllers are all set according to diagram...

 

System Layout.jpg

Edited by nunofernandes
Link to post
Share on other sites

You ran the lower 4 port Ethernet switch and the Pixcon 16 right above it together so I can't tell how you are are getting E1.31 data to the lower switch, but I am going to assume that it connects to the 4th port of the upper 4 port Ethernet switch.  Assuming that is the case, that is just fine.

Minor issue:   Remember that the AC controllers and the CMB24 have a different conversion from LOR Unit ID to DMX start channel.  It would appear that you used the CMB24 conversion instead of the AC controller conversion on the last two AC controllers on Universe 1.

PROBLEM!   You can't operate the InputPup via DMX.  At least three reasons for that.  First of all, the InputPup is a LOR network only device, and second, is the E1.31 to DMX functionality of the Pixcon16 is one way.  Lastly, the LOR show player has no provision to process an input that is from anything except a LOR network.  BTW, it must be a non-enhanced LOR network.

Other than that, it looks pretty good.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim,
so to reorder the last 2 AC controllers on U1, i would need to shift the start addresses of the CMB24 controllers past that correct?

 

i could always run the input pup on the standard LOR network and everything else on 1.31/DMX and that should work right?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

You ran the lower 4 port Ethernet switch and the Pixcon 16 right above it together so I can't tell how you are are getting E1.31 data to the lower switch, but I am going to assume that it connects to the 4th port of the upper 4 port Ethernet switch.  Assuming that is the case, that is just fine.

 

 

the reason the second 4-port switch is so close to the Pixcon, they are in the same box. so yes, the 1.31 signal comes into the switch and from there it goes to the Pixcon and also to the other 2 Alphapix controllers down the line

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nunofernandes said:

so to reorder the last 2 AC controllers on U1, i would need to shift the start addresses of the CMB24 controllers past that correct?

You could use the DMX channels that you currently planned for those two AC controllers, but the LOR Unit ID required has to use the correct formula.

24 minutes ago, nunofernandes said:

I could always run the input pup on the standard LOR network and everything else on 1.31/DMX and that should work right?

Correct.  I have my InputPup on a dedicated LOR network for the same reason.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...