Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy from archived RGB props to Motion Effect Row

Steven

I'm converting from S4 to S5.

One of my props is a string of 50 RGB bulbs (using an ELOR emulating an iDMX, to a SanDevices controller to 2 GE Color Effects strings, but that's not really important).

This prop was in my sequence as 50 RGB rows. In my process of converting to S5, re-added that prop as a RGB pixel string (which it is) of 50 RGB nodes.

Then I archived the existing 50 RGB rows. Now I want to take the effects that are in those 50 archived rows and copy them to the motion effect row, but I can't figure out how. A paste to the motion effect row overflows to the rows below it. How can I get my S4 sequence to play properly?

What I want to do is copy from this:

103687203_ScreenShot2020-09-09at8_54_57PM.png.1bcbc256368539e090e8f388c6253a8e.png

...to this:

52730311_ScreenShot2020-09-09at11_03_31PM.png.14bd6ec02649d0f196e3d87f7284a201.png

Or, as an alternative, I would like to show the channels from the first image as a string of 50 RGB bulbs in the visualizer, without drawing each one individually. The only way I saw to do this was to create it as a Motion Effect Row.

Motion Effects rows are only used for SuperStar Effects and Motions Effects (what was Pixel Editor in S4).  For your alternative, You would not need to create each bulb individually.  It's just a string of pixels. Nothing special.

9 hours ago, Steven said:

52730311_ScreenShot2020-09-09at11_03_31PM.png.14bd6ec02649d0f196e3d87f7284a201.png

Right-click on "GE CE", and choose "Enable Channel Level on Pixel Prop". This will create rows in the sequence grid for every "GE CE" pixel. Then you can copy/paste from the archived RGB channels to the new RGB channels. Make sure the archived RGB channels and "GE CE" rgb channels are in the same order!

http://www1.lightorama.com/help/item_list.htm

Matt

57 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

Right-click on "GE CE", and choose "Enable Channel Level on Pixel Prop". This will create rows in the sequence grid for every "GE CE" pixel. Then you can copy/paste from the archived RGB channels to the new RGB channels. Make sure the archived RGB channels and "GE CE" rgb channels are in the same order!

Thank you!