Light-O-Rama Forums

Prop for 4 AC channels - chasing string

Steven

I have an old chasing candlestick string I've been using for 13 years. It uses 4 AC channels and 60 bulbs, 15 bulbs in each channel, ordered 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,... This string is 4 unconnected lines. Is there a way to make such a prop in the preview? Or when using traditional (non-RGB) strings, do I have to make a separate prop for each channel?

Hey Steven, just to make sure I'm understanding your prop, it sounds like it's one long string of lights where somehow you've isolated the bulbs and connected every fourth one to a channel (4 in total). If that's correct, you could just draw a single strand and switch the "Type" on the left of the prop definition window to "Channel Per Color" and select four colors (even the whole thing is multi colored, just pick four separate colors to keep yourself straight when sequencing and use your imagination to make it multi). If I'm misunderstanding you, the follow up recommendation is to look at the shape called "Firestick."

I was thinking about the 4 colors idea, but it just seemed "wrong". But I'll do what you suggest and just pretend they're all one color.

Related question: Is there a way to group multiple props together into 1 prop?

Yes - if you click "New" in the preview editor, the second option down is to create a group. If you want something to literally share channels with another prop, that dropdown is on the upper right of the prop definition window