Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding LOR Floods LF50D Issue

dibblejr

I have not upgraded to the most recent version. Still working on a total preview. I have encountered a problem.

While adding the LOR LF50D's in the preview design, simple enough. However in the grid layout it is doubling everything and it will not let me delete the extra channels.

eg;

Added LOR LF50D from the dropdown menu

Assign name in this case 50W Flood 1 (I have 3)

I set the unit ID and NW

save

The grid preview says

+ RGB 50 W Flood - It has 1 RGB Row

Open the + and I see what I am used to ; Strobe On and Strobe Off channels (2 non RGB rows)

Then down below it also shows

= (3 lines) RGB 50W Flood with the exact info but includes the channel references in the expanded view which I deselected in the initial setup

How do I get rid of the un needed rows? Or is this normal procedure in S5?

It will not let me delete them.

Thank you

JR

If you are in the Show All grid, it is a system generated view which does not allow much in the way of the organising 

I mostly leave it alone and work in custom grid views which offer flexibility in what shows and how you want to group things. If you right click in the show all group you can create your own views, much like tracks and groups in S4.

After I read Mr. p s response I went and looked. Not Macros, or at least not like I have seen in S4.

It added "Dumb RGB nodes". Sine the FL50D is a smart RGB flood I would think this would be a bug of sorts.

JR

2 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

If you are in the Show All grid, it is a system generated view which does not allow much in the way of the organising 

I mostly leave it alone and work in custom grid views which offer flexibility in what shows and how you want to group things. If you right click in the show all group you can create your own views, much like tracks and groups in S4.

My grid view is "test" however I do see that test is not showing in the grid view now as it did before.

I have never had or added any dumb nodes or floods.

Now I gotta find out why the Show All is the only thing showing on this when it says "test" at the top

** Edit My preview is test. I cannot remember how to get my gridview to show.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

I tried to export the grid view for future use and I get a warning

"The current Grid View show all items is a system generated view. Only user created views are included in the export file". 

I have never seen that before.

As far as I know I created all of the props or uploaded them.

JR

When you created the floods, the "Add as a group" box was probably checked. This created a preview group that included the RGB channel and the 2 strobe channels (3 props total). The "Show All Items" grid view is going to show you *everything* - that includes the group that was created AND the 3 individual props. That's why it looks like things are in there twice.

Creating your own grid view(s) instead of relying on "Show All Items" is definitely the way to go. 

Matt

5 hours ago, MattBrown said:

When you created the floods, the "Add as a group" box was probably checked. This created a preview group that included the RGB channel and the 2 strobe channels (3 props total). The "Show All Items" grid view is going to show you *everything* - that includes the group that was created AND the 3 individual props. That's why it looks like things are in there twice.

Creating your own grid view(s) instead of relying on "Show All Items" is definitely the way to go. 

Matt

Thank you Matt. We have a lot of great LOR support here.

Luckily I also had Phil on the "speed dial" so to speak and once I got back in the house I was able to delete all floods and going to start all over again.

Thank you to all that shared thoughts on this. 

I didn't have one problem with importing sequences in my covid show. 

I still do not know what to do with that prop box that appears with the matching boxes.

I was lucky enough today to have another member recommend I make a copy of the s4 sequence and go through the defaults and at least I was able to copy paste my s4 sequence.

Thanks again.

JR