Light-O-Rama Forums

New to light o rama and have a question

strain885

You don't need to manually make a playback file - just save your sequence. You will need to add the .loredit file to your Show Editor when you're ready to schedule shows for the year.

• Thanks 1

From what I'm reading i can't make a show or sd card without making playback it says its a very important step and I have been trying to make a show or sd for about a week

As Aubrey said, the files required for playback will be created the first time you play the show. Be aware that the first pass through will take longer due to the file creation. You will want to play the show once before startup day so the delays don't happen at show time. My show takes about an hour for the playback files to be created. 

Another way to create the playback files is to use the Sequence Compressor in the Control Panel menu.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, strain885 said:

From what I'm reading i can't make a show or sd card without making playback it says its a very important step and I have been trying to make a show or sd for about a week

Where are you reading that you need to manually make a playback file? That was a thing in the release that was out a year and a half ago, but it hasn't been that way for a while. Just want to make sure you have the right documentation!

If you're having trouble making an SD card, a super common error is that people aren't using .mp3s as their audio files. Check on your files to make sure that's not the case.

I don't use a director, but I do know that you need to use the Hub for SD card creation, and Kingston cards are recommended.

10 hours ago, Don said:

I created a show for a Director a few weeks ago. Didn't have to do anything with a playback file that I remember.

He didn't mention either a director or SD card in the first post.

Just now, PhilMassey said:

He didn't mention either a director or SD card in the first post.

He did in later ones though :)

2 hours ago, strain885 said:

Don do you have a Kingston sd card 

It wouldn't matter what card I'm using. You are indicating that you are having an issue creating the card. So long as you have a SD card in there, the Hub will create the show.

Just now, Don said:

It wouldn't matter what card I'm using. You are indicating that you are having an issue creating the card. So long as you have a SD card in there, the Hub will create the show.

It actually does matter - certain cards won't write shows, SanDisk for example will not

1 hour ago, Aubrey said:

It actually does matter - certain cards won't write shows, SanDisk for example will not

The software doesn't know what brand of SD card you put in the reader on your computer. The Director might not be able to read it, but when writing an SD card, the software doesn't know (or care.)

Besides, from what I'm gathering, he's not even getting to the point where the software would write to a SD card.

Edited by Don

I actually wrote 2 different cards and neither worked in the lor1602mp3 but I did order some kingston sd cards hopefully they will be here Friday so I can try again