Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I add a Motion Effect on ALL RGB Elements at the Same Time

J.J.

Hey Everyone,

I am finally transitioning to RGB across my display. I have a ton of LOR controllers that I am combining with new PixCon controllers. Because the issues with converting LOR AC controllers I am trying to stick with S5 instead of moving to XLights. 

So here it is:

How do I apply a motion effect across all of my RGB elements at the same time? I am still new to S5 but I am a pretty quick study.

Thanks everyone for the amazing answers and support I see here on the forums.

JJ

Create a group in your Preview that has all the desired elements in it.  You will likely need to play around a little with the arrangement withing the group to get it the way you want.  But once created, use a Motion Effects row for that group and it will apply to everything in the group.  You can also create multiple groups that have different parts of the show.  for example, you could have a group that has your arches and the mini trees that are in front of the arches; and another group that is your pixel tree and star; etc.

Welcome to S5! Have a look at the following video. At about 38:00 I create the "Whole House" group in the preview. Then at about 1:00:00 I create an effect on it.

Matt

8 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Create a group in your Preview that has all the desired elements in it.  You will likely need to play around a little with the arrangement withing the group to get it the way you want.  But once created, use a Motion Effects row for that group and it will apply to everything in the group.  You can also create multiple groups that have different parts of the show.  for example, you could have a group that has your arches and the mini trees that are in front of the arches; and another group that is your pixel tree and star; etc.

I tried that, so I must be doing something wrong. I will go back and see if I can decipher the issue a little more clearly. Thanks for the quick response.

JJ

18 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

Welcome to S5! Have a look at the following video. At about 38:00 I create the "Whole House" group in the preview. Then at about 1:00:00 I create an effect on it.

Matt

Fantastic. i will try and watch this and give it a go! Thank you for the video and heads up on the time of where to find it!

JJ

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I think I did ok for my first try at S5 and Pixels.

https://vimeo.com/461139665/03ffe11ae1

Any thoughts are appreciated, if you have time. Thanks again for the help!

Number of Master Props: 52
Number of Sub-props: 0
Number of Hidden Props: 0
Number of Bulbs: 3,475
Number of Channels: 8,916
Number of Groups: 25

Number of Traditional Props: 24
Number of Traditional Bulbs: 511
Number of Traditional Channels: 24

Number of RGB Pixel Props: 28
Number of RGB Pixel Bulbs: 2,964
Number of RGB Pixel Channels: 8,892