Light-O-Rama Forums

Seems like my showtime director is not reading the card

strain885

3 hours ago, strain885 said:

I made the card and it seems to be right but indicator lights on the controller are not lighting up saying its reading it

If its not a Kingston card you may have issues.

What mfg cardare you using?

JR

I used a SanDisk first then after reading on here I saw it won't work so I bought a pny because people said they worked but still nothing 

12 hours ago, strain885 said:

I used a SanDisk first then after reading on here I saw it won't work so I bought a pny because people said they worked but still nothing 

PNY is hit or miss, some SanDisk may work, but usually won't.   When I bought the new N4-G3 MP3 {labeled G4 on the unit}, I had a lot of older SD Cards lying around, but I also purchased brand new Kingston SD Cards direct from the Kingston website to have on hand.  Especially since I'd seen a lot of folks talking about this in the past.   I tried all my SanDisk SD Cards, none worked in the N4, but I could read and write to them from the computer and from the LOR SD reader/Writer Device, had some PNY, same thing, none worked in the N4 unit, but same as the SanDisk in the LOR supplied SD Reader/Write.  Then I tried the new Kingston SD cards, every one I put in the N4 worked, show started right up and played fine.  I had some other off branded SD Cards, they wouldn't function in the N4 unit either.

So like others have stated, get the Kingston SD brand, they work 100%, I have had no problems or issues with them in the N4 unit at all.  But I do believe the N4 is also limited to a maximum size of 32GB for the SD card.   I have some Kingston 64GB SD cards and they didn't work in it either, at least not correctly, I may get lights from the sequence, but seems it ignores the MP3 file, or it may play the MP3 file and ignore the lighting commands in the sequence, whichever way it worked, it didn't work properly to run a show.  But the 32GB Kingston SD Cards worked perfectly every single time.

On 9/3/2020 at 6:20 PM, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

There is also a limit on size either a 16 or 32 GB , unless it's been changed.

The original was limited to 4GB{had one of these, anything over 4GB wouldn't work}, the G2 I'm not sure about{never owned one}, but think it was 16GB, the G3 and G4{N4-G3 MP3} can use up to 32GB {just purchased one this year, it may try and read a 64GB card, but it's not reliable, at least it hasn't been in my tests}.

Edited by Orville