Light-O-Rama Forums

Predefined Props

Dave76

Hello, I’m running v4.3.34 PE, I was wondering if there are predefined props for Halloween? Or is there a plug-in/update that provides Halloween and additional Christmas predefined props I’m missing?

thanks

I use PE yes. There are some predefined for Christmas (canes, star, tree, arches).  Does S5 have added features like predefined props?  Each year I think about moving up, but once I investigate I find no good, solid reason to. 

10 minutes ago, Dave76 said:

I use PE yes. There are some predefined for Christmas (canes, star, tree, arches).  Does S5 have added features like predefined props?  Each year I think about moving up, but once I investigate I find no good, solid reason to. 

Yes. A lot of pre defined props.

I am still sequencing. In S4 but ran my Covid show with S5 as a trial.

I like it for the props and once I get used to them the ME rows.

I have always said no S5 because I was content in S4 but S5 makes it very easy to sequence.

I will run Halloween and Christmas with S5 and maybe after that start sequencing in S5 but I like to share my work and s4 is win win for all since S4 sequences can be used by all.

Hope that helped a little.

JR

9 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Yes. A lot of pre defined props.

I am still sequencing. In S4 but ran my Covid show with S5 as a trial.

I like it for the props and once I get used to them the ME rows.

I have always said no S5 because I was content in S4 but S5 makes it very easy to sequence.

I will run Halloween and Christmas with S5 and maybe after that start sequencing in S5 but I like to share my work and s4 is win win for all since S4 sequences can be used by all.

Hope that helped a little.

JR

Thanks JR for the input.  I guess soon I’ll be moving to S5 also. 👍

• Like 1

I was also wondering, is there a way when I make a predefined prop, to set parts of it to it's own name?  For example, a shape that has an outer, middle, and inner area, can I make a custom prop to be recognized by each area or am I required to make three separate props to recognize it?  Thanks

32 minutes ago, Dave76 said:

I was also wondering, is there a way when I make a predefined prop, to set parts of it to it's own name?  For example, a shape that has an outer, middle, and inner area, can I make a custom prop to be recognized by each area or am I required to make three separate props to recognize it?  Thanks

If it is a pixel prop, you can create motion effect rows that only affect a section of the prop. This is quite easy to do.

http://www1.lightorama.com/help/motion_effect_rows_dialog.htm

If the prop uses traditional lights, then it is easiest to create separate props for each section.

Matt

12 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

If it is a pixel prop, you can create motion effect rows that only affect a section of the prop. This is quite easy to do.

http://www1.lightorama.com/help/motion_effect_rows_dialog.htm

If the prop uses traditional lights, then it is easiest to create separate props for each section.

Matt

Is this is S5 only or does S4 provide motion effect also?  Appreciate it

12 minutes ago, Dave76 said:

Only S5.

13 minutes ago, Dave76 said:

Didn't  see Matts reply.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Thanks guys.  I really need to get to S5, I was planning on participating in the Webcast Matt did but missed it.  I may still try to move to S5 this year as long as I don't break everything.

7 minutes ago, Dave76 said:

Thanks guys.  I really need to get to S5, I was planning on participating in the Webcast Matt did but missed it.  I may still try to move to S5 this year as long as I don't break everything.

I would start out with baby steps crawl, walk, run. Build your preview and test a sequence from transfer to a test show. Covid show was my test. However right now I am so overwhelmed with computer issues and now virtual home school that I may use S4 to run my 2020 shows.

Expect some hickups and or language problems (swear jar) as you learn S5. In the end it is great. I was always an NO S5 person. Now I wished I had started when all my friends did.

JR

2 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I would start out with baby steps crawl, walk, run. Build your preview and test a sequence from transfer to a test show. Covid show was my test. However right now I am so overwhelmed with computer issues and now virtual home school that I may use S4 to run my 2020 shows.

Expect some hickups and or language problems (swear jar) as you learn S5. In the end it is great. I was always an NO S5 person. Now I wished I had started when all my friends did.

JR

I hear you JR.  Maybe I should put this off a little longer when I have more time and not so close to the Holiday.  Is S4 still available on the SAME computer when you migreate or is it doing an upgrade and replacing S4?

What kind of computer issues you running into?

12 minutes ago, Dave76 said:

I hear you JR.  Maybe I should put this off a little longer when I have more time and not so close to the Holiday.  Is S4 still available on the SAME computer when you migreate or is it doing an upgrade and replacing S4?

What kind of computer issues you running into?

My computer issues are documented on another thread. They have nothing to do with S5. There are some growing pains with S5 that I found while trying to import my vis. Once I was shown and helped manually building my props in S5 it has been pretty smooth sailing. I have yet to sequence anything but a matrix but being able to sequence an entire matrix with 30+ names, school colors and various effects in a few hours using ME rows was payment enough.

I would agree it may be to late however consider I really pushed hard at the end of January after a previous "I give up on S5" , I was able to recreate my preview, push nodes in new props, add a DMX controller, set up my corona / school graduation show and transfer 10 sequences from S4 before March 15. IMO- that was a success in a couple of months.

You van do it, if you have the time. There are a lot of great people here that will help you.

JR

2 hours ago, Dave76 said:

Personal opinion here.  Plan on running your 2020 show entirely in S4S5 has a large learning curve and with show season starting in three months, there would be a lot to absorb.  Start your conversion next January.  As noted, you can not have both S4 and S5 on the same computer, but if you have two computers, you could load one with S5 so you can start learning it.