Light-O-Rama Forums

Old School Light Rope

Jay Czerwinski

I have a large web made from old school 120V incan orange tightrope.   I love the dimming of incans and use that in my sequences.   A section has gone out and I need to replace some of it.   

I'm having a hard time finding replacement incan light rope.   A lot of what I see is LED now and they seem to have inline power supplies, making me concerned about dimming..  

Can anyone recommend a good source of any type of good dimming light rope.   Preferably incans so I can just replace the segment, but not against just doing the whole web over with LED setup - as long as it is dimmable.

THANK YOU for any suggestions on where to buy!    (The web uses over 150' of lightrope)

Jay

Edited by Jay Czerwinski

Jay, go to Christmas-LEDS.com  speak with Val , she has incan and led. If I was doing I would replace with led, it dims great I have bought much led rope from her. Look at my display DLH LITES the roof snow flakes are her product.

David

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 11:40 AM, DLH lites said:

Jay, go to Christmas-LEDS.com  speak with Val , she has incan and led. If I was doing I would replace with led, it dims great I have bought much led rope from her. Look at my display DLH LITES the roof snow flakes are her product.

David

Thanks -  I looked on their site and could not find orange - but then contacted direct like you said and I can order Orange.    LED said to be dimmable.   So I will update on my order from them.      BUT, I could not find a link to your animation/musical sequence to see the performance.  Can you help clarify where I see the video?   Thanks again!!

Jay   go to  Vimeo.com/ 382510454  that should work. If not let me know. The six foot snow flakes are done in pure white and also blue, with led rope from Val.

David

On 8/14/2020 at 1:19 PM, DLH lites said:

Jay   go to  Vimeo.com/ 382510454  that should work. If not let me know. The six foot snow flakes are done in pure white and also blue, with led rope from Val.

David

Wow - that is GREAT dimming for what I thought an LED rope light could do!   (Nice display by the way!!)     Are you then driving those from an AC controller or??

Jay , all the controllers are LOR ac 16 channels that I built from the DIY kits .  This year I will have 5 controllers, 80 channels, and two more controllers waiting for next year.  All of the lites in the display are LED ,a large part of them came from thrift shops here in Fort Lauderdale, or from 50% off after Christmas sales. I do  lot of diy. Our house is stucco so I had to make frames around each window to hold the lites . The big snowflakes came from the thrift shop and I replaced all the rope on them its was all new for 2019.  Since I have been home for Covid I have made several things which will be in the display this year.   Go on to the forum and look for one of my post. It has a video of the "Believe "sign I just finished . It will be used with the song "Believe from polar express sung by Josh Groban. The sign will come up a min into the song and down at the end . I built the sign,enclosure and all mechanics . It is programmed into the LOR controller. Let me know what ya think.

David

2 hours ago, DLH lites said:

Jay , all the controllers are LOR ac 16 channels that I built from the DIY kits .  This year I will have 5 controllers, 80 channels, and two more controllers waiting for next year.  All of the lites in the display are LED ,a large part of them came from thrift shops here in Fort Lauderdale, or from 50% off after Christmas sales. I do  lot of diy. Our house is stucco so I had to make frames around each window to hold the lites . The big snowflakes came from the thrift shop and I replaced all the rope on them its was all new for 2019.  Since I have been home for Covid I have made several things which will be in the display this year.   Go on to the forum and look for one of my post. It has a video of the "Believe "sign I just finished . It will be used with the song "Believe from polar express sung by Josh Groban. The sign will come up a min into the song and down at the end . I built the sign,enclosure and all mechanics . It is programmed into the LOR controller. Let me know what ya think.

David

Thanks for confirming the controllers.   I'm probably going to order today after I take some measurements.    Also, love the sign.  I posted my thoughts there.     Thank you again!