Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega Tree is up

Erik

I figured with the nice weather I better get anything I can done so I put the mega tree up, this is my first year with a mega tree so I want to see how it would look. Well I ran into a small problem the pole I'm using is 19 feet the topper I created puts the hooks for the lights a few inches higher. The problem I had is that I didn't have a ladder tall enough to reach. So much to the dislike of my wife and with a little help from my family I improvised. Put the ladder in the back up the truck problem solved.

Just a little advise for anyone doing there first Tree make sure you know how you are getting the lights to the top.

Attached files 160169=9308-tree_install.jpg

Wow, I usually get surprised comments when I'm putting nearly invisible lights up in trees in early November ;)

Our Mega-tree is one of the later things to go up. For one thing, I figure the longer it's up, the more likely it is to fade/fail. I'm also kinda anal about not putting 'visible' displays up too early...

Nice tree, tho! Glad you didn't get hurt putting it up.

-Tim

Tim Fischer wrote:

Wow, I usually get surprised comments when I'm putting nearly invisible lights up in trees in early November ;)

Our Mega-tree is one of the later things to go up. For one thing, I figure the longer it's up, the more likely it is to fade/fail. I'm also kinda anal about not putting 'visible' displays up too early...

Nice tree, tho! Glad you didn't get hurt putting it up.

-Tim

I really didn't want to start this early, but between doing 2 displays this year and I have to go out of town the 2 weeks before Thankgiving I had to move the timetable up.

I've been nervous about having it up already and every morning first things I do is go look out the window and make sure it is still standing and the lights haven't been pulled down.

Yeah, that picture sent a shudder down my spine. I hate to see people put ladders in the back of trucks. The suspension of the truck can trick your equilibrium and before you know it you're on the ground. :{ Like others have said, please be careful and have a safe(and healthy) Christmas! :)