Light-O-Rama Forums

wife swap TV show looking for us?

taybrynn

I just saw this on the planetchristmas board ... icon1.gifTV Show is looking for Home Christmas Decorators Hi! I am a casting producer for ABC Television's hit reality show, Wife Swap. I am currently trying to cast a family that either decorates for Christmas year round or a family that goes to town each year when they decorate their home--for an episode of our show. I thought perhaps someone here might be interested or know someone that would be interested in such an opportunity.

In case you are unfamiliar with the show, the premise of Wife Swap is to take two different families and have the Mom's switch place to experience how another family lives. Half of the week, Mom lives the life of the family she is staying with. Then she introduces a "rule change" where she implements rules and activities that her family has. It's a positive experience for people to not only learn but teach about other families and other ways of life.

Wife Swap airs on Disney owned ABC television on Fridays at 8 pm- the family hour! There is another show that copies ours. We focus on having fun, learning and teaching. They focus on conflict. I just want to make sure our show doesn't get confused with theirs!
Requirements: Each family must consist of two parents and at least one child between 6 and 17 and should reside in the continental U.S. (There may be other children living in the home who are older or younger than the required age…as long as one child is in the required age range.)

My hope is that you would pass this information on to your colleagues and if they are interested, they will be able to reach me. Maybe you even have a family in mind that you could refer me to. This is a very unique experience that can be life changing for everyone. In addition, each family that tapes an episode of Wife Swap receives a $20,000.00 compensation for their time. Anyone who refers a family that appears on our program receives $1000 as a 'thank you" from us.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this - I know it is an unusual request. If you have any questions, please email me at the address below. Thank you so much for your time!
Best,
Jessica

Jessica Jorgensen| Associate Producer, Casting| Wife Swap| wifeswap.jessica@gmail.com|

taybrynn wrote:

...each family that tapes an episode of Wife Swap receives a $20,000.00 compensation for their time.

Interesting. I've seen that show and often wondered why someone would want to make an ass out of themselves on national television for ANY AMOUNT of money! Not to mention that television shows want exclusive lifetime licenses to air those episodes over and over and over again so even your grandkids will see how stupid you were ;-) It's not something I would do.

Just the same.... thanks for taybrnn for the post and keeping things interesting on the board. Someone is going to take you up on that offer.

I agree ... you have the REALLY want the $20,000 bad ... because they will make you look like idiots ... and bad parents (usually). No thanks. But there are plenty of people comfortable in their own skin who would just say "I am who I am ... like it or not".

So I don't doubt someone will eventually do it ... but you have to really know what your getting yourself into. It's not my offer, by the way ... just passing it along.

Yup, sorry, I knew it was not YOUR offer. I didn't state what I was thinking.

shhhhhh. secretly I would like to see some episode of a "Grisswald Family" on there who's wife torments the husband about his outlandish displays.... and then out of frustration he straps her to the roof as a Christmas ornament :shock:

Funny.

They should take a couple where the husband does the lights, the wife doesn't much like doing them (or is just tolerant) ... and then match with another couple where the wife does the lights and the husband hates them. Then the one couple has the time of their life while the others realizes Christmas is a bore without anything going on and any Christmas spirit in the house.

Then the only controversy will be over religion and politics.

Taybrynn,
You are I are sick boys! I like your idea though about the show. Maybe you should apply for a producer job with that outfit! Whatever they come up with, I am sure it will be funny. I just hope it isn't Dan :) My guess is they will try to match up a "Grisswald" family with Mr. Scrooge.

Gee, I better get back to some serious work here. My mind is roaming and there is only 3 weeks left until show time. I hope you folks are keeping that in mind.

I agree with Richard. You can be sure they'll make the "decorator" out to be a total freak who has no control of themselves and is ruled by their lighting hobby.

Not for me. Besides, I like having my wife around ;)

-Tim

LOL !! ... I hope your wife doesn't read these boards ...

But from the shows I've seen ... most people don't like the swap wifes much.