Light-O-Rama Forums

items (props) order....

weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com

every time i pull up a new song... i have to re arrange my props all over again... even after saving items...it still ends up moving them around....

can this be set along with the preview in some way that it does not scramble them?

Even though we discussed this I’m gonna reply to see if I gat an answer as well.

I just save a dummy sequence and edit that. I was having the same frustrations in January which made me go back to strictly S4. Once I create the new sequence I “save it as” new sequence name.

The plus with S5 is you can adjust the song length to fit the new song.

JR

4 hours ago, weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com said:

every time i pull up a new song... i have to re arrange my props all over again... even after saving items...it still ends up moving them around....

can this be set along with the preview in some way that it does not scramble them?

Yes, you can assuming you are talking about the props order in the sequencer. If so, move each prop where you want them to be in the sequencer. Once you have them where you want them, click on the sequence, scroll down to grid configuration, then click export. You can then import the grid configuration you just saved to every sequence you build and everything will be in the order you placed them in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jr & weigh2fast4u,

This is a video to show 2 different ways to deal with setting up an order for your props (Preview) and an order that you can set for your Sequences.
I am heading out the door so it's a real quick attempt to show you what you can do and at least should point you in better direction.

A word of warning about messing with Previews you already have done sequencing with. Be Careful NOT TO CHANGE NAMES OF PROPS. As I explain in the video, existing sequencing is alraedy attached to a prop with a certain name IF YOU change that name, chance are great S5 will will archive that prop and all the sequencing for it. Use a copy to test things out, always.

The second method shown is probaly your best bet to get the order you want.

I know this is incomplete, but I hope it helps.

Alan...

Edited by default
  • Like 1

Alan and Ebrown

I have done the export config a hundred times (guestimate)

Every time I open it , it is the same. I had the same problem in January that's why stopped S5 the end of January.

Alan- thank you for the video, I will def do that for 2021 but I already have sequences in my previews so if I add the numeric order as recommended those will be off, if I understood it correctly.

My main problem  right now is trying to figure out what happened to my ME rows for my singers. They all worked since my covid show. However I went in a couple days ago  to test the Babe Rexa sequence for my friend . Went to copy it in to S5 to see if it skipped the beginning and notices that on my face 1 that all ME rows were gone except 1. Along with those gone was also the sequence written to the individual channels. However each time I tried to add the channels it would fill in the sequence like it was just in the background although all pixels did not show up in the sequence.

Each time. At this point I am lost about what's going on with them and they are the main part of my show and its pretty close to Halloween.

All info that you or any one can provide will be appreciated.

Next time I am on my S5 show computer I will make a video.

Thanks for the info and I am happy to hear a verbal explanation. I believe that's the 2nd time in the years I have been a member of the forum. LOL

JR