Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding pixels

Narke52896

Can someone recommend a tutorial to add pixels to my existing display?  I have 64 channels (all LED) programmed in S4.  Recently upgraded to S5 and have 2 pixel trees to add to the mix.  I'm fairly good at programming in S4 sequencer but jumping to S5 and adding pixels has me puzzled. 

You have to add them to your preview.

I followed the help manual and it worked really good.

I am only using S5 to run the show because off the motion effects and ease of some of the other effects.

I don’t like having to have a preview but it’s a must. I really like adding props on the fly sometimes.

I know that’s not a video but it’s what worked for me. As well as some great help here from some great guys.

JR

to add the tree, these steps are quick option 

1) in the preview editor, 

a) select Add a new prop and give it a name, e,g, pixel_tree_one
b) for the type of prop, select tree 180/270/360 wedges depending on your tree is setup
c) configure the number of strings, pixels and folds.  For example, 16, 100 and 0 or 8, 50 and 1 or ...
d) be sure to check that RGB is selected and your initial channel is set.  For a tree, just leaving channel per string is perfect and it will number each of the string as consecutive channels 
e) also, be sure to select add at least 1 (or 2) motion effect rows
f) Save the prop and preview 

2) Add the new prop to your sequence 

a) If not shown, select add items to view
b) select "pixel_tree_one"

3) add a motion effect

a) select either effect row 01 or 02 depending on what you added 
b) select a set of cells.   
- At least a dozen or so to start.  One cell is not enough to see the effect and in some cases, a whole row is too many as it will set the speed based on the selected size
c) press Shift a (or select motion effects from the menu)

4) play with effects 

a) you can now select different effects from the menu and get a quick review, see what it does.  
b) if it doesnt seem to do anything, check if once at speed is check and switch this to repeat (at least when playing)

5) save your changes and play as normal and your tree should play