Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there a way?

airborneSRT

SO I have been looking everywhere but cannot find a way. Is there a way to copy channels from one sequence into another? You can easily copy paste the sequence, but can you import channel configuration form one to another? For instance I created a 33 Channel Spiral tree in a sequence. Now I want to copy over all those channels into a different sequence so that I don't have to start 33 new channels and change all the names and other properties again.

Import/Export replaces the entire configuration as well as the animation strip. I just want part of a config added to another. As I mentioned I wanted to add the channel config of a 33 ch spiral tree to my existing sequence without replacing what is there. I want to add 33 channels already setup, not have to redo all 33 channels in my existing sequence.

54 minutes ago, airborneSRT said:

Import/Export replaces the entire configuration as well as the animation strip. I just want part of a config added to another. As I mentioned I wanted to add the channel config of a 33 ch spiral tree to my existing sequence without replacing what is there. I want to add 33 channels already setup, not have to redo all 33 channels in my existing sequence.

Manually is the only way.

LCC file is all or nothing.

JR

This is why you always add a new prop to the bottom of an existing sequence that you are already using. Then you export the configuration and save the file then import that configuration into your other sequences to add the prop. If you create a new sequence with just a new prop then there is no way to import it into your existing sequences.

Within the software there is no way to combine two configurations.  What I am going to tell you next is totally not supported.

If you are good with xml, it is possible to manually edit a file to combine two sequences.  I have done it successfully, but I will tell you that it is a lot of work, and a single typo can leave the file unreadable by the LOR software.  If you go down that road, you will want to make very small changes, save the file with a new name, and open it in LOR - to make sure it did what you expect and will still open.  Then repeat.  The reason for saving every time with a new name is so that WHEN you screw it up, you can easily go back to the last working version.  It is very tedious and time consuming to do that, but it will save your bacon.

As I said, this is totally unsupported - including by me.  Other than telling you it is possible, I will not help you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 7:52 AM, dibblejr said:

Manually is the only way.

LCC file is all or nothing.

JR

thanks thats what i was thinking. I manually entered it all