Light-O-Rama Forums

How to store pixel nodes attached to strips

indi

I am almost finish punching the pixel nodes into the pixel strips for a 16 leg 180 degree pixel tree and was wondering how I should store them off season. And do you leave the tree topper attached to the strips during storage.

Thanks.

My pixel tree has been built in two different ways, so I will tell you both were stored.  This photo gives a good idea how the strips are built:

2014_Top_of_strips_with_PEX_removed.jpg

The strips are 3/4 inch PVC that has been split in half.  For storage, I unbolt the strips from the frame and stick them up in my attic.  I have a large area in the attic that has a plywood floor where I store some of my Christmas stuff.

I don't have a good photo of the strips that I used for the last two years, but here is a link to the source:

https://boscoyostudio.com/product/the-original-12mm-pixel-rgb-mounting-strips-clear/

For those, pretty much the same thing.  Unbolt from the frame and lay them up in the attic.

As for the topper, I take the bottom 10 foot sections of the frame and the bottom crossarm off.  That leaves about 7 feet of the top of the A frame and star along with the box that holds the controller.  That gets left together, and stands up in my storage shed.

2014_Pixel_Tree.jpg

It would be a pain to take all this apart.  The wiring from the strips to the controller of course get disconnected at the controller.  By the way, this is the 2014 version.  It has had various changes from time to time.

2014_Top_of_strips-back.jpg

• The topic was locked