Light-O-Rama Forums

5.2.4 upgrade to 5.4.2

CKSedg

I'm having a very difficult time getting my head around the upgrade from 5.2.4 to 5.4.2.  None of my sequences will control the lights in the Preview or the actual lights themselves. What do I need to do?

I installed 5.4.2 earlier, but nothing worked, so I went back to 5.2.4. I would really like to stay with the latest software version.

Can anyone help me to understand what to do?

Thanks,

Craig

You should not have to do anything different. Nothing fundamental has changed.

If you went backward you must uninstall and reinstall. Deleting the c:/Programfiles(x86) /LOR folder and running regwipe is sometimes helpful when going backwards after uninstalling.

If going forward installing on top should be fine.

Be sure control panel is running and control lights is selected in the sidebar.

That's what I thought; but nothing works. I'm at my wits end. 

Control lights is selected. Control panel is running. I can get the visualizer to work on some sequences, but it doesn't control the actual lights. Also, it won't control lights from a show, although the music is playing.

Craig,

Is your Network Config accurate and up to date. IIRC if you are using the default Network Config (as in you have never exported your config to another name) a new install overwrites your existing config file and leaves it blank. Always a good idea to create your Network Config, then export as a new name so after upgrades it doesn't have to be recreated. This is a good way just to test a specific controller or controllers.

Just a thought.

Alan...

networks.gif

I figured out that it is my preview, for some reason. I had to recreate it (thankfully it's just a flag and eave lights for this time).

Question: Can S5 TWINKLE lights in only white? I want the stars of my flag (rgb) to twinkle at times, but I can only get it to twinkle in multi colors.

Thanks for your help, everyone.

The standard LOR  twinkle will not work on RGB as you have found out.

Two options.

You will have manually add some random white effects . Copy and paste can speed up that process.

The other alternative is to use a motion effect. There are lots of twinkly options in motion effect editor.

There is a twinkle preset, and there is a twinkle option that can be added to any effect.

Thanks for the suggestions, PhilMassey. I appreciate all who have helped me on this forum!

when i used s5, for a twinkle effect, i believe i used meteors, many, and far apart seting??? i think... i also had a group for the whole house. try that and see how that works for you..

snow effect may work with no accumulation and many setting you may like the outcome if its pixels

1 hour ago, weigh2fast4u@yahoo.com said:

when i used s5, for a twinkle effect, i believe i used meteors, many, and far apart seting??? i think... i also had a group for the whole house. try that and see how that works for you..

snow effect may work with no accumulation and many setting you may like the outcome if its pixels

S5 has a built in effect for twinkle.  Works just fine.