Light-O-Rama Forums

Ticket?

gsmith37064

How am I supposed to do screenshots when I will not even open S5 any more because of what it does? What good is sending in screenshots? I have posted videos here and got nothing but cricketts. I have done everything I could for the first half of this issue and what has come from it? Nothing but a user jumping off the band wagon. You sent me an email about the motion effect across multiple props asking for me to send you the sequence. I did that and have I heard anything? No... Do I expect anything on this? No...

Except this... You are going to let the bug stand it seems.

A Light-O-Rama help desk staff member has replied to your request, #931016 with the following response:

I would be happy to help, but it sounds like you have already made the decision to move to xLights. So I am closing this ticket. If you would like to continue with S5, feel free to reopen it.

Matt Brown

But you will look at it if I say on S5. A little blackmail there it seems.

I am not blackmailing anybody. If you need help with Light-O-Rama software, I will freely give it. However, in an email to Dan, you said

Once a LOR customer, Now a supporter of Xlights.

And in another post you talked about migrating your sequences to xLights. I am sorry you are not satisfied with the service I and the rest of Light-O-Rama were able to provide. But if you have switched to xLights, then I saw fit to close the ticket and move on to the many other users that need my assistance.

So which is it Greg, are you sticking with S5, or are you moving to xLights? I wish you the best of luck with your display either way.

Matt Brown

17 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

I am not blackmailing anybody. If you need help with Light-O-Rama software, I will freely give it. However, in an email to Dan, you said

And in another post you talked about migrating your sequences to xLights. I am sorry you are not satisfied with the service I and the rest of Light-O-Rama were able to provide. But if you have switched to xLights, then I saw fit to close the ticket and move on to the many other users that need my assistance.

So which is it Greg, are you sticking with S5, or are you moving to xLights? I wish you the best of luck with your display either way.

Matt Brown

What difference does it matter what I do? What I am getting from this is that you are going to let this bug stay. What are you going to do when it hits a lot more people and trashes their work? It's known issue since the last version it seems.

You have had ample time to respond. I am sure you saw that I was getting irritated from the lack of response. I bumped my request so many times hoping to get something. All I got was software that was getting worse and worse. Now I can't really do anything with it. And you seem okay with that.

So again what difference does it make what direction I go? You have a nasty bug that can hit at anytime and if I leave, you close the ticket. You should want to be the hero and squash it so no one else has to deal with this.

And what is this service you speak of? None was provided that the community saw. It was not even an issue till this morning till it blew up.

I have done my best to find and report issues. You should be happy that someone is going the extra mile to make sure...

Edited by gsmith37064

Everyone has had their say.

I get it, some people aren't happy. But the back and forth that's going on here doesn't do anyone any good.