Light-O-Rama Forums

New Computer and more channels.

BWCFWI

If there is another thread is about this question here, I can't find it.

I bought a new laptop. My other one has some serious issues. I did save my sequences like all of you advised to a thumb drive. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I need to Re-down load LOR to the new one or is there a way to transfer it via thumb drive?

Also adding 16 more channels for a total of 32. Is that as simple as changing the channel amount in the sequencer, and then tweek it.? I do know I need to make it unit 2.

THANKS in advance.

Brian

8 minutes ago, BWCFWI said:

If there is another thread is about this question here, I can't find it.

I bought a new laptop. My other one has some serious issues. I did save my sequences like all of you advised to a thumb drive. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I need to Re-down load LOR to the new one or is there a way to transfer it via thumb drive?

Also adding 16 more channels for a total of 32. Is that as simple as changing the channel amount in the sequencer, and then tweek it.? I do know I need to make it unit 2.

THANKS in advance.

Brian

Yes, re-install the LOR Software Suite{You'll need your LOR Registration Number for the new computer so it's licensed} using your defaults as they were on your old system.  Then insert your thumb-drive and copy all the files and folders into your default LOR Directory where they were all located "EXACTLY as before" and you should be good to go.

I don't know enough about S5 to add new controllers or channels, so I can't be of any help there.

Thanks Orville!!!

You and many others are such a huge help to us rookies.

3 minutes ago, BWCFWI said:

Thanks Orville!!!

You and many others are such a huge help to us rookies.

You're welcome.  Now whenever, or if I ever, decide to move to using S5, I'm going to become a NEWBIE {Rookie} all over again too. LOL

2 hours ago, Orville said:

You're welcome.  Now whenever, or if I ever, decide to move to using S5, I'm going to become a NEWBIE {Rookie} all over again too. LOL

You do remember that you (Orville) have access to those S5 webinars I did, right? It's up to about 7 hours worth of stuff now.

6 minutes ago, Don said:

You do remember that you (Orville) have access to those S5 webinars I did, right? It's up to about 7 hours worth of stuff now.

Some day, maybe the next one I will be there for the entire class. I did watch all of the videos though, except for the last class. I did read where you may or may not have any more free ones. 

Wasn't feeling it last week, got in and fell behind quick. A friend of mine who was a LEO was gunned down very late the night before, I didn't get a whole lot of sleep and then had other distractors. 

I basically got absolutely nothing done this week. Hoping tomorrow things turn around.

JR

• Like 2

JR, sorry for your Loss, if there is anything I/we can do, please let us know.

Greg/Judy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, a31ford said:

JR, sorry for your Loss, if there is anything I/we can do, please let us know.

Greg/Judy

Thanks, the bad is that I have been in so deep with sequencing it had been a while since I saw him. Until I got the text. 

Just an over all really genuine person. 23 years of being a Law Enforcement Officer on what would / should have been a routine call for assistance.

At least they got the two man and woman.

Thanks again, you just never know. Makes you stop and think.

JR

3 hours ago, Don said:

I lost the e-mail with the link to them.   Haven't seen any new e-mails with the links to the videos, so I haven't seen but the first 2, maybe the 3rd one, but not sure.  I didn't delete the e-mail, Outlook did some kind of upgrade and every time they do, then some of my e-mail messages disappear, never to be seen again.   It's very frustrating.  I tried to watch them when I can, but since the link got lost in the last update of Outlook, I haven't been able to locate them.

3 minutes ago, Orville said:

I lost the e-mail with the link to them.   Haven't seen any new e-mails with the links to the videos, so I haven't seen but the first 2, maybe the 3rd one, but not sure.  I didn't delete the e-mail, Outlook did some kind of upgrade and every time they do, then some of my e-mail messages disappear, never to be seen again.   It's very frustrating.  I tried to watch them when I can, but since the link got lost in the last update of Outlook, I haven't been able to locate them.

If you only had a way to contact me to ask me for the URL again ....
https://class.synchronizedgroup.com

• The topic was locked