Light-O-Rama Forums

song timing changes

Sanman

hello all is there a way to change the times of a song. I chose the whole song and I programmed two minutes and thirty seconds of it if I want to stop there is there a way to stop it ty in advance

Don't know enough about S5's working to know if you can select and change the sequence time like in previous versions.  And the other way I know is you have to edit the song down using a music editor like Audacity and CUT the song at the point you wish to have it stop at, then save the edited version.  

But you may have to re-create the sequence and copy and paste from the one you used originally to create it into the new edited version of the song.   Sometimes the sequencer will maintain the same length of the original song, even if you import the new edited version {happens to me all the time with S4}, tried changing sequence time to the new edit, but seems the best way is to recreate the sequence as new with the edited version, then copy and paste from the original you created. 

However, you may still need to make minor sequencing changes near the end of the song where you have it end.

Good Luck and hopefully someone with more experience with this option in S5 can explain how to do this.

Yes. In S5 go to sequence on the top toolbar and select change sequence length.