Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Group Bug

gsmith37064

I created a single star of 20 pixels each using the built in prop shapes. Copied it 7 times for a total of 8 stars. These are the toppers on my mini trees. so pretty small.

I then grouped them together and added the prop group to the sequence editor. For the motion row, I subdivided them down into 8 columns.

This should have split the 8 stars evenly. It does not and when you apply effects to the group, some pixels are missing.

If I do each star individually, it works perfectly.

It did the same thing on my 8 mini pixel trees (48 pixels each) and I can reproduce this every single time.

@MattBrown

Edited by gsmith37064

In Preview Design, select a single star, then select Item > Layout. This shows how the pixels are arranged when effects are applied. Notice that for a star, the pixels are in a single ROW. If you are going to group the stars together, then you should use the arrangement Vertical Stack. Subdividing that group into rows should yield your original stars.

Matt

26 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

In Preview Design, select a single star, then select Item > Layout. This shows how the pixels are arranged when effects are applied. Notice that for a star, the pixels are in a single ROW. If you are going to group the stars together, then you should use the arrangement Vertical Stack. Subdividing that group into rows should yield your original stars.

Matt

Ahh yes. I see the layout area now and changed it to vertical stack. That seemed to have work on the stars. YES!

So I assume the pre-designed props will always be a single row?

What should the 8 mini pixel trees be? They are a custom designed prop by me. I have tried some of the settings, but a couple of the trees will grab a single node from another tree for some reason and some are perfect..

I have also subdivided this one into 8 sections expecting it to be even as well.

Edited by gsmith37064

On 5/28/2020 at 9:20 AM, gsmith37064 said:

So I assume the pre-designed props will always be a single row?

It depends on the shape chosen for the prop. For example, a 16x50 pixel tree is 16 columns by 50 rows.

On 5/28/2020 at 9:20 AM, gsmith37064 said:

What should the 8 mini pixel trees be? They are a custom designed prop by me.

Props with a custom grid are treated as rectangle with the same number rows and columns as the custom shape has.

Matt